MPA/MPP Applications, Fall 2016 Start (Canada)

DanelBean, 

I am in the same boat. My application is still under review. Its a first-come-first-served system. I submitted two days before the deadline to ensure the application was at its best quality. Not surprise, I am in the second round of applications. I am nervous but I am strong. 

On 8 March 2016 at 7:35 AM, Du said:

Hello,

Nice to have you here, im an international applicant to the mppa programme. Are there alot of international students in the programme? Africans maybe?

Hello Du!

I'm an international applicant for the UofT MPP program as well, but I have not heard from them yet... Would just like to check if you have had any indications from SPPG so far? Just wanted to know if I should just give up waiting already... :(

On 4/4/2016 at 7:41 PM, city girl said:

DanelBean, 

I am in the same boat. My application is still under review. Its a first-come-first-served system. I submitted two days before the deadline to ensure the application was at its best quality. Not surprise, I am in the second round of applications. I am nervous but I am strong. 

Hey City Girl, can I ask where you saw/read it was a first-come-first-served system?

27 minutes ago, almondmilk44 said:

Hey City Girl, can I ask where you saw/read it was a first-come-first-served system?

I believe they look at applications as they come in, but I want to dispel the notion that it's first-come-first-serve. They take the most desirable applicants in the first round as any other school would.  

3 hours ago, charlim said:

Hello Du!

I'm an international applicant for the UofT MPP program as well, but I have not heard from them yet... Would just like to check if you have had any indications from SPPG so far? Just wanted to know if I should just give up waiting already... :(

Hey Charlim,

Believe me, the wait is tiring:(. The other time i emailed them, they said offers will be made to international applicants the week of 21/28 march. Since, i didnt hear from them, i sent another email to follow up on monday, but no response. So, i called today to ask if offers have been made to international applicants and the lady that picked said yes. She said, they intend to keep making offers till the class is filled up and will get back to everyone hopefully by the end of april. If really, offers have been made to some international applicants, i'm not sure if they'll still make more offers to international, cos i believe they prioritize domestic applicants over us (i might be wrong tho). But, i'ld say, stay hopeful and you could prolly contact them via email or give them a call. All the best.:)

4 hours ago, almondmilk44 said:

Hi almondmilk44, I apologize my post was not clear. The program is not a rolling app. I may have been confused with other programs/schools I have been applying too that are rolling applications. Anyways, it does not alleviate my frustration that my app is still 'under review'. There is no indication about my status. waiting it out! waiting it out!

"Once all applications have been reviewed, we will begin making offers of admission. First round offers are typically made by early March, and admissions continue in rounds until the class is full, at which point unsuccessful candidates will be notified by e-mail. All Admissions communications will be done via e-mail, with prepared offer of admission packages sent in PDF format."

6 hours ago, Du said:

Hey Charlim,

Believe me, the wait is tiring:(. The other time i emailed them, they said offers will be made to international applicants the week of 21/28 march. Since, i didnt hear from them, i sent another email to follow up on monday, but no response. So, i called today to ask if offers have been made to international applicants and the lady that picked said yes. She said, they intend to keep making offers till the class is filled up and will get back to everyone hopefully by the end of april. If really, offers have been made to some international applicants, i'm not sure if they'll still make more offers to international, cos i believe they prioritize domestic applicants over us (i might be wrong tho). But, i'ld say, stay hopeful and you could prolly contact them via email or give them a call. All the best.:)

Hello Du, 

Ya, totally agree that it is tiring. I have been checking my email religiously for the past 2 months! Anyway, i have emailed the school about the admission status again. Will let you know if i receive any further updates from them. Let's stay positive and all the best to you too! :)

Hey, all,

Just received a prelim acceptance to Queen's MPA today. 

PSA: my application status on the SGS site read "Application Complete" for the longest time, and I thought that this meant it was under review. After first-round offers went out, I figured I was just going to have to keep waiting until the last date, April 15th, for a last-round offer or what-have-you, but on Monday, I was feeling restless so I emailed the admissions admin and she was like, "I haven't seen your file yet." Upon further investigation, it turns out they had all of my documents, but (for some reason) hadn't passed my application to the admissions committee. The status "Documents Received" indicates that all of your documents have been received by the office and that your file has been or will be reviewed; "Application Complete" really doesn't mean anything. In any case, I would email them about it if you're still waiting to hear back--they were SUPER nice and helpful. 

Cheers!

2 hours ago, city girl said:

Everyone still waiting for UofT MPP: 

The first round of Offers of Admission for our 2016 Master of Public Policy Program (MPP) were released on March 14, 2016. Subsequent rounds will continue until the end of April, when we anticipate our incoming 2016 MPP program cohort will be completed. Please note that offers of admission to international applicants will be sent the week of March 28, 2016. 

Tomorrow is the day! Best luck and wishes to everyone!

:D

Whats happening tomorrow? 1 month anniversary :P!!! lol

2 minutes ago, city girl said:

lmao,jokes! 

12 hours ago, Du said:

Whats happening tomorrow? 1 month anniversary :P!!! lol

Du,lmao! Happy one month of waiting! Clearly pulling too many all-nighters. Philosophy exam tonight  :P

Edited by city girl

54 minutes ago, city girl said:

Du,lmao! Happy one month of waiting! Clearly pulling too many all-nighters. Philosophy exam tonight  :P

Hahaha!!! Celebrating 'the wait':D, this is crazy. Anyways, all the best in your philosophy exam:)

40 minutes ago, Du said:
40 minutes ago, Du said:

Haha...good news before the end of april hopefully.

The experience resembles camping outside Mtv for Justin Timberlake tickets, which I did when I was thirteen.  

Edited by city girl

6 minutes ago, city girl said:

We can leave that for a different forum. Back to academics ...........

Lol, i didnt mean concert literally, i meant the mpp program at UofT, i used that (concert) only because you likened the experience to that of a concert:P.

10 hours ago, belles said:

I think I got into Ryerson MPPA today?

I got in back in February so if i dont hear from anywhere else I shall be going there :) 

4 minutes ago, AlinaD said:

I got in back in February so if i dont hear from anywhere else I shall be going there :) 

Congrats, atleast you've got an insurance:)

3 hours ago, AlinaD said:

They emailed me some vague "We've made a decision on your application -- check RAMSS" email yesterday afternoon. It was a really positive email though so I thought I was in? I check only to find nothing there. The Letter of Admission showed up this morning though.

Ryerson offered me $5,000. How about you? I've already accepted UWaterloo Political Science with $17,750 in funding and an 8-month co-op, so I am *for sure* declining Ryerson. Oh yeah, I've already signed my lease in Waterloo for the year. :P #earlybird

But congrats on getting in so early though!!! Your application must've been out of this world. 

Edited by belles

6 hours ago, belles said:

They emailed me some vague "We've made a decision on your application -- check RAMSS" email yesterday afternoon. It was a really positive email though so I thought I was in? I check only to find nothing there. The Letter of Admission showed up this morning though.

Ryerson offered me $5,000. How about you? I've already accepted UWaterloo Political Science with $17,750 in funding and an 8-month co-op, so I am *for sure* declining Ryerson. Oh yeah, I've already signed my lease in Waterloo for the year. :P #earlybird

But congrats on getting in so early though!!! Your application must've been out of this world. 

I should start looking for a place in waterloo. :)