SSRC DPDF 2016

beekay

• 2 weeks later...

I am! Unfortunately, we have to wait until April to hear back.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know what the recommendation form is like? I waived my right to see it because I felt awkward doing otherwise, but I'm sure there are others who retained access to the comments. I'd love to see the list of questions given to recommenders.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I got an e-mail from DPDF asking for my transcript from my current institution. Since, this is my first semester, I ended up giving them a course enrollment document. They mentioned that they will get back after the first screening. I was not sure what that meant, just thought would check with you all.

• 4 weeks later...

I applied. I hope I get it. I went on a leave of absence for a year for the birth of my daughter and I am a single mom now. I am a bit slower in my program than the rest of my cohort. A fellowship would look really good to my department and my committee. Does anyone know what percentage of applicants are accepted?

• 2 months later...

Henry Luce/ACLS sent out acceptances yesterday (2/29).SSRC website says by April, so I imagine we'll start hearing from them soon.

12 minutes ago, English_Grad said:

pingaling: did you hear via phone or email and was it a generic notification that they sent to all the winners or a tailored notification? 

It was tailored to my name. I was shocked to hear so early since the website says not to expect to hear anything until April.

FYI: This initial batch asks recipients to notify SSRC of their acceptance by March 7. Those on the wait list may hear back by March 8/9. Rejections likely to follow after that.