Electrical/Computer Engineering admission results?

durlov

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

congrats arlutin ,btw which uni? why everyone regard their admits as secrets,

by the way anyone heard from cmu ece among us? I saw in the results one guy is admitted there by snail mail,

any reject from CMU ece ?

it does not have a website for status check, and I have not received a snail mail yet, do this imply that I am rejected?

any cent will be appreciated, i am abroad, not from us

purplebird, i talked to harvard yesterday. here's the deal: they have only 20 faculty members for EECS. so, very few students' goals actually match up with the faculty's research - that is, for those applications that qualify the initial reviews by the admission comm in the first place (and fair to say that if each faculty member is allowed to pick 2 new students, that's only 40 spots in all)..

that being said, they already sent out acceptances to students that they absolutely want. sounded like those were the phd admits. the rest of our applications are still being reviewed. but if you'd applied for phd and you wouldn't be happy with an acceptance to just the ms program, then you might want to call them and chat. it sounded to me that at this point they may only be deciding on ms admits - at least it seemed to be the case for my application.

I suppose this may be standard for most schools that send out an early round of admits, but then sit on decisions for other apps. I'm still waiting for gatech to make a decision, but i know some admits have already been sent out. My inquiry however says that no decision in my case has been made yet. Perhaps they are considering masters applicants now.

I applied to comm theory and signal processing, from what I've seen browsing older materials in this forum and others, Caltech is almost impossible to get into. It seems like they send out their rejections at the beginning of April... Talk about inconvenient.

exp_jw when did you hear from UIUC?

I have applied there too but they say decisions haven't been finalized yet ...

So far, I've received a fellowship from WashU and a professor from UCSD contacted me with a strange offer.

So far:

Acceptances: Cornell, Princeton, Stanford (received a few minutes ago via e-mail, no funding info)

Rejection: MIT

Waiting: UIUC

I guess at this stage, I'm mostly curious about UIUC's decision, but not exactly anxiously waiting for a reply given my other offers...

I'm applying directly from my undergrad, so I'm going through the combined MS/PhD program - and I'm not too optimistic about receiving aid to be honest. I hear a lot of people get admitted without aid, especially if they start from the masters level at Stanford? I haven't been contacted by any faculty.