EAPSI 2016

Samieru

8 minutes ago, sciaenops said:

Has anyone else besides @bhub received forms about making travel plans? I was in the first round of people that received a tentative acceptance e-mail. Wondering if I should send them an e-mail, or work on my patience?

I am in the Japan group and they just sent notification asking for passport info and that they're sending our info to JSPS.  There was a time limit on the travel plan email, I would contact them since the pre-departure meeting is coming up.  With tickets going up...I got the impression from the travel agent that they have a limit on how much they can spend.

On 3/1/2016 at 0:28 PM, ecuaqueso said:

I emailed last week asking when they planned to send out negative notifications as I have a summer job offer to respond to by today and haven't heard anything back, so... probably but they didn't respond to my request for more info about it.

I got a phone call from Elena regarding my EAPSI proposal today. I didn't get accepted for Japan, instead they offer me to send an update proposal with my alternate-choice host location (Taiwan).  They only give me one week to seek a new host in Taiwan and edit my project description. Hope they will respond to your request soon. Good luck!

11 hours ago, sciaenops said:

Has anyone else besides @bhub received forms about making travel plans? I was in the first round of people that received a tentative acceptance e-mail. Wondering if I should send them an e-mail, or work on my patience?

I have not heard anything about travel plans either. I did get the insurance info email though. 

1 hour ago, iCki3Tina said:

Which school in Taiwan you applied? I just found my alternative-choice host researcher from National Taiwan University. 

I applied to Academia Sinica. We would both be in Taipei! Though in reality the country is not that big to begin with. 

45 minutes ago, GBinAZ said:

China here..... nothing on my end. This is truly torture.

Glad I'm not the only one waiting for China.  I'm starting to think silence is worse than rejection...

Still haven't heard back about Japan.  I've pretty much lost hope at this point, but it's probably too late to find an internship now.  I wish I could have made alternate plans.

I am also waiting for China.  I just read all 5 pages here - seems like there was an initial burst of acceptances, then nothing! Is it related to sample bias, or the actions of the NSF? Think they will respond this week? Or did they mean the first "Whole Week" in march, which is next week?:D

I've also got my tentative offer for China too, about an hour ago!!!!! I really hope that every one will hear back soon. Good luck! 

On 3/2/2016 at 2:59 PM, iCki3Tina said:

I got a phone call from Elena regarding my EAPSI proposal today. I didn't get accepted for Japan, instead they offer me to send an update proposal with my alternate-choice host location (Taiwan).  They only give me one week to seek a new host in Taiwan and edit my project description. Hope they will respond to your request soon. Good luck!

The same thing happened to me! She said my proposal couldn't get funded for Japan but they offered an updated proposal for Taiwan as well. I e-mailed them my updated information yesterday morning and have yet to hear back. Have you heard anything from them after that phone call?

7 hours ago, sal_dali said:

The same thing happened to me! She said my proposal couldn't get funded for Japan but they offered an updated proposal for Taiwan as well. I e-mailed them my updated information yesterday morning and have yet to hear back. Have you heard anything from them after that phone call?

I just got my tentative offer for Taiwan this afternoon. 

Congratulations to everyone thus far! I can't wait to meet you guys in DC!

Other than filling out the form saying that you will attend the DC orientation, has anyone received an email for booking flights?

So it looks like we've only got one NZ acceptance that has posted on this thread? I'm still waiting to hear back on mine, just curious if anyone else heard about NZ last week. 

I just got my official "your proposal will not be recommended" email for Japan.  Disappointing to be sure but at least I know!  Should probably have followed my gut and applied to China or Taiwan for better odds, but nothing to be done now except cry over a beer and accept the alternative summer job that was waiting on me.

Good luck to everyone who is still waiting to hear and those who are already accepted! :)

On March 5, 2016 at 9:40 PM, sal_dali said:

I just checked my e-mail and got the tentative offer for Taiwan too! I'm excited that other people will be in Taipei as well. Congratulations guys - the horrible wait is FINALLY over!

I accepted the offer today. Are we supposed to receive any confirmation email from Elena?