EAPSI 2016

Samieru

• 3 weeks later...

I applied as well (Japan) and will also be applying to the GROW to go to Japan. I don't think if some miracle occurs and I get both that I can take both - just trying to bolster my odds of being able to collaborate with this person. Anyone else feel wholly unable to assess their application? I feel like with the GRFP there's enough information online and from my peers irl that I could at least build a strong application but here it seems like anyone's guess.

Does anybody know if we are contacted at all over the upcoming weeks as a general sort of confirmation that NSF has received our proposal, that it is complete, and that they are reviewing it? This waiting game is no fun.

• 2 months later...

No. But if you look at last year's thread. Japan was the first to hear back at the end of January, and the others follows through the beginning of March.

Dates of Tentative Offer from last year:

Japan - January 29th

Australia - February 10th

New Zealand - February 24th

China - February 26th

Singapore - February 27th

Korea - March 2nd

Taiwan - March 2nd

So, when I go into my proposal status, and then I click on my proposal number I can see review information saying "External Peer Review began on 02/02/16." Perhaps we won't be getting any information today then. Is that any different for anyone else? 

I also applied for Japan, my concentration is aquatic ecology/toxicology and was also sent for peer review on 1/5/16.  But in December when I looked at the proposal status it said 'External Review began on 1/5/16'.

Edited by bhub

Another day and no news. I applied as an engineer and it said my external review began 1/11/16. Thankfully another busy week of grad school has my mind off the wait!

I'm checking this thread everyday to see if anyone heard back! Lol  I was hoping to hear back soon, my guess is probably next week.  I'd hate to submit an IACUC and find out the next day I didn't even get the award....