GRE Quantitative Score - Admission Averages (HKS, WWS, GSPP...)

DRTruim

Hello! First of all, thank you all for sharing your knowledge with those of us in the the race to grad school - you're lifesavers!

I understand that the admission process is extremely complicated, and a lot of factors are taken into consideration, but I was wondering what is the average GRE Qantitative score - or range of scores - for a successful application to HKS MPP, WWS MPA and the GSPP MPP (specially for those of us who don't have a strong quantitative background). 

Thanks!

Princeton used to publish their numbers, but they deleted them off the webpage. You can find their previous numbers here: https://web.archive.org/web/20150220102620/http://www.princeton.edu/pub/profile/admission/graduate/

WWS indicates 164 V and 163 Q. If you look at previous years, you'll see that the numbers for Q have been increasing over time (used to be just 159),

Thanks for that link AAAAAAAA.  For pedantic number people like me, I'd also state that median numbers are probably more relevant than average numbers for what OP is looking for (i.e. what the 50th percentile accepted applicant looks like).  It only makes a minor difference, but I estimate it would take a point off WWS' quantitative score to arrive at 164 V and 162 Q.

Edited by Ben414

2 hours ago, zhangqianye said:

Hi all, glad to see so many discussions here. Guess many of you are English native speakers...I‘m not. My GRE V156... However I have a Q 170... Do you think that will help in my application to WWS?

Doing well on your policy memo and statement of purpose would show them you have the skills that are tested by the verbal section of the GRE, and your quantitative score would obviously be a strong point. We'll see what other people say, but I wouldn't think it would hurt your application.

4 hours ago, Ben414 said:

Doing well on your policy memo and statement of purpose would show them you have the skills that are tested by the verbal section of the GRE, and your quantitative score would obviously be a strong point. We'll see what other people say, but I wouldn't think it would hurt your application.

Thank you Ben, really helpful..I‘m quite worried about my low Verbal score.

On 11/5/2015, 12:31:36, Ben414 said:

Agreed. Also, if the school offers an optional video essay, that's always a good chance to show your language skills. 

And yes, a 156 in Verbal is not "low"! 

• 1 month later...