writing current GPA on apps - confusion?

iamwhoiam

So my current GPA up to date is 3.698x, but after this fall semester is over (+graduation!) I know I'll have a GPA over 3.7 (because I'm taking seminar classes where everyone gets an A, unless you never show up to class).

So I was writing my applications and I was putting 3.7 in until I realized that wouldn't be in the transcripts I send out in mid Nov. *sigh*

I guess I should just write 3.6? (or at least, 3.69).

I'm a little sad that I might be cut off or get sorted into a 3.6 pile of applicants...silly thing to be worrying about, I know, but hey, doesn't everyone have application paranoia? :-)

It sucks doesn't it. My GPA will go up after I send my application in as well. Since you already have a 3.69, they will probably know that it will be higher by next semester.

I would just put 3.7, but I guess I am riskier than most. They will probably just assume that you rounded it if they look in to that much detail, if you want to play it safe I doubt they would put too much weight in a less than .002 of a difference.

So my current GPA up to date is 3.698x, but after this fall semester is over (+graduation!) I know I'll have a GPA over 3.7 (because I'm taking seminar classes where everyone gets an A, unless you never show up to class).

So I was writing my applications and I was putting 3.7 in until I realized that wouldn't be in the transcripts I send out in mid Nov. *sigh*

I guess I should just write 3.6? (or at least, 3.69).

I'm a little sad that I might be cut off or get sorted into a 3.6 pile of applicants...silly thing to be worrying about, I know, but hey, doesn't everyone have application paranoia? :-)

I don't see why that isn't a 3.7. Rounding that up would be appropriate since only two decimal places are allowed anyways.

I don't see why that isn't a 3.7. Rounding that up would be appropriate since only two decimal places are allowed anyways.

I'd put 3.7. And, you can substantiate that by re-sending your transcripts after this semester ends if you'd like. They'd get there before admission decisions were made, I'd assume.