Transcript Requests (limit 10?!?!)

joro

I printed out my school's transcript request form and it states that only 10 transcripts max allowed each semester. I have 14 transcripts total (some schools require 2) that need to be sent. I've already paid and submitted all my applications. All that was left was to send off my transcripts and make sure my recommendations are submitted. Is anyone experiencing a similar problem? I have 3 schools I can probably postpone sending my transcripts to since they don't require it till next year.

Speak to someone at the office that deals with transcripts and explain your situation. They might be able to help you. If not, ask to speak up a supervisor. If that doesn't work, consider contacting someone higher up, like a dean, or writing an editorial for the school newspaper about this.

Limiting transcripts is a really stupid policy on the school's part. Do they charge you for them? If not, then it is probably some sort of misguided cost saving measure. If they do charge, then I have no idea why they would limit them unless they don't have enough people to process transcript requests.

Anyway, as was suggested, some schools will accept unofficial transcripts and only require official ones if you are accepted and decide to enroll. Check if this is the case with any of your schools, and if they don't state it, call some of them and ask.

If none of this works, then have the transcripts sent in at the start of next semester for the ones with the latest deadlines.

Fill out another transcript request form and pay the fee as normal. Most schools are disorganized and they really don't keep track of that stuff. I went to a school that did the same thing (can only request 2 a semester!). I just kept ordering more and they didn't care.

Edited by sugarplumfilmmaker

I ditto what someone else said above about going up the chain of command. It's my information and if I want to get one once a week just to wallpaper my room then you damn well better give it to me! It's a stupid rule with no enforceable rights behind it. I actually skip the middle steps. I had a similar issue with getting a fee waiver letter from my fin aid office. How some colleges have forgotten that they exist for the student and NOT the administration is beyond me. But I remind them. Often.

Take yourself to the Dean of Students or Dean of Academic Affairs office and tell them surely there must be a mistake because a university wouldn't hamper a student's attempt to further their education...would they?