Playing the waiting game?

AllSmiles0086

The majority of my applications for graduate schools have been submitted. I've heard that applying for the early decision would give me better luck. Is that true?

Anyway, since most of mine are in...I'm sitting and waiting to hear back from the universities I applied to. How long would it normally take?

I just graduated from college in May 2009. I'm applying to jobs at the same time but since the economy is terrible..it's just as hard to find a job.

I would really just like to know if I got selected for an interview or if I should search for jobs even harder.

Anyone experiencing the same thing?

I'm going through something kinda of similar. I graduated in May 2008, but there were recently lay offs at my company, so I'm looking for a new job. I'm assuming I won't hear back until February or May, so I'm trying to find a job right now. My advice would be to keep applying for jobs while you're waiting, just in case.

Edited by aem88

• 2 weeks later...

The majority of my applications for graduate schools have been submitted. I've heard that applying for the early decision would give me better luck. Is that true?

I'm applying to jobs at the same time but since the economy is terrible..it's just as hard to find a job.

Having worked a little in admissions my experience has been that applying for early admissions decreases your chances. If you are applying for early admissions you better be the cream of the crop because no one else in the class has been selected yet. The admin committee hasn't even had a chance to look at other apps so you better be good. You have to be exactly what they are looking for. Admissions is weird though so you never know.

Kepp looking for a job. I graduated from NYU in 2008. A year from the day I graduated I finally got a job--a crappy one, but a job nonethless. Lot's of people are applying to schools and jobs a like so competition either way is steep this year.

Kepp trying and don't give up hope. Anything can happen.