YALE MFA 2016

MovingTarget22

12 minutes ago, EXISTE said:

Uhm... Last year was on Friday about this time... 7ish

we will find out soon enough I suppose, I think we've all looked through the forums enough haha.... many posts refer to it but one post I am thinking of specifically from maybe last year said that a girl called them and asked and the representative said 11 that night... which would Connecticut time zone.  

15 minutes ago, EXISTE said:

pain in the ass the interview. bringing paintings to new haven,... and the whole story to get them back... 

im ok if i dont have to do that again

haha yeah I was thinking about that.... I would love to go to yale so much but I don't know if i could afford transporting my really heavy/ kind of big work there.  I mean I would do it but it would probably cost me at least 500 and i would need a partner 

1 minute ago, arte said:

No.. it still says submitted. AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHRHHRHRRRR

yup same here!  Perhaps some people have an interview status while the rest say submitted...
or perhaps it's another night!? UGHHHHH

Does anyone who applied last year recall what timeline the application page mentioned? This year's page says we'll find out early Feb. Maybe last year's page said late Jan.?

Edited by hypoart

I think it's going to be under the "recent activities" title, above application checklist.... if anyone has anything other than payment received, then please do tell :D

I did not apply last year, so I'm not really sure. 

12 hours ago, hypoart said:

Does anyone who applied last year recall what timeline the application page mentioned? This year's page says we'll find out early Feb. Maybe last year's page said late Jan.?

I looked at the page through the internet archive. It has said early February since late 2013. Before then it said mid-February.

Guess we'll just have to be on tenterhooks for a little bit.

ps. sorry for those of you who saw the thread was updated and you got a mini-heart attack because you thought someone had actual information from Yale

Edited by Relm

7 minutes ago, scaredapplicant said:

last year I got a negative response from Yale (sculpture) on thursday jan 29th around 11pm

Did they send you an email instructing you to check your updated status? Or did you just happen to check and the update was there?

Just now, hypoart said:

Did they send you an email instructing you to check your updated status? Or did you just happen to check and the update was there?

i can't exactly remember and i can't find the email (I probably deleted it!) but I'm pretty sure it was an email saying to check my application status. actually I just checked and I emailed a friend saying that I didn't get in on the 31st which means I got the results from Yale on Friday January 30th 2015

7 minutes ago, scaredapplicant said:

i can't exactly remember and i can't find the email (I probably deleted it!) but I'm pretty sure it was an email saying to check my application status. actually I just checked and I emailed a friend saying that I didn't get in on the 31st which means I got the results from Yale on Friday January 30th 2015

Hmm. I suppose we'll wait until Monday...or Friday (hope it's sooner than that).

1 minute ago, hypoart said:

Hmm. I suppose we'll wait until Monday...or Friday (hope it's sooner than that).

it will probably be Monday since the application date this year was the same as last year...

I see you're applying for photo tho.. I applied for sculpture so I don't know if the results are posted the same day for all the concentrations

Yeah to be honest it seems like anyone's guess at this point!  I'm also hoping it is Monday but I know there were a lot of school closures all over the east coast last week because of the storm and perhaps Yale was actually delayed in reviewing the applications, in which case it might be Friday or even later.  Last year there was a bunch of snow too though... Im rooting for Monday!

Y'all:

I just did a results search and noticed that someone from this year's application cycle did receive an interview request from Yale.  They received an email on January 29th.  Congratulations to whomever you are!  No easy feat to be granted an interview from Yale! 

5 minutes ago, hypoart said:

Y'all:

I just did a results search and noticed that someone from this year's application cycle did receive an interview request from Yale.  They received an email on January 29th.  Congratulations to whomever you are!  No easy feat to be granted an interview from Yale! 

I just did a search and dont see that.. what did you look up yale school of art?