YALE MFA 2016

MovingTarget22

2 minutes ago, cpw0021 said:

Oh but I thought the Columbia thing was in slideroom? 

Oh, I have a question for you since you also applied to Rutgers--did you send official transcripts by mail or just upload them? I uploaded them but I'm wondering if I should send them by mail as well. 

I'm not sure actually whether it was in slideroom or not. If it was then I guess it couldn't offer any insight on Yale. 

For Rutgers I believe they want both!  I sent my transcripts a month ago, it usually takes a few weeks for your school to even send them, depending.  I uploaded digital transcripts for most schools and mailed them only to 4 or 5 schools that I saw specifically wanted mailed copies too, so I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have mailed it to Rutgers unless I saw it somewhere, but maybe I'm wrong.

Either way schools are pretty lax about getting late transcripts :)

4 minutes ago, Alment said:

I'm not sure actually whether it was in slideroom or not. If it was then I guess it couldn't offer any insight on Yale. 

For Rutgers I believe they want both!  I sent my transcripts a month ago, it usually takes a few weeks for your school to even send them, depending.  I uploaded digital transcripts for most schools and mailed them only to 4 or 5 schools that I saw specifically wanted mailed copies too, so I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have mailed it to Rutgers unless I saw it somewhere, but maybe I'm wrong.

Either way schools are pretty lax about getting late transcripts :)

Ah, ok. I was just kind of confused because on the Rutgers Graduate School page it says they take unofficial but then on the Visual Arts MFA info page it says official. I've got a ton of sealed official transcripts that I have send priority to them so they won't be late (thank goodness!). This is what happens when you add schools last minute! :P

Edited by cpw0021

1 minute ago, cpw0021 said:

Ah, ok. I was just kind of confused because on the Rutgers Graduate School page it says they take unofficial but then on the Visual Arts MFA info page it says official. I've got a ton of sealed official transcripts that I have send priority to them so they won't be late (thank goodness!). 

Oh that's good!  I actually didn't know you could have official transcripts personally, I thought they had to be mailed by the school in order to be official, good to know! 

2 minutes ago, Alment said:

Oh that's good!  I actually didn't know you could have official transcripts personally, I thought they had to be mailed by the school in order to be official, good to know! 

Yup--you just have to tell the school you want them official which just means they'll be sealed with a registrar stamp across the back so you can't open it without it being obvious. I got about ten a few months ago and some them out to the schools that didn't specifically ask for them to be sent directly from the university. 

58 minutes ago, paint_and_destroy said:

Does anyone fear having to tell their recommenders that they didn't make it in?  I went on a bit of a limb, and asked people that are professionally connected to me to write on my behalf.  Kind of worried to loose face.

This was the weakest part of my app.  My ability to get recommendations was pretty difficult.

omg... I just realized that my application to columbia says my application is complete 

Application ChecklistApplication Submitted: 01/14/2016

Your application is complete.

and Yale has the the kind of website right? but my yale account doesn't say that. There's nothing under the application checklist. Should I call them? 

All my transcripts are in, letters are in, portfolio is in... What is wrong...

8 hours ago, <><><><><> said:

i found asking for the recommendations challenging as well! did anyone decline your request?

No one declined.  But I wasn't able to get any teachers,  I had to go with peers.  2 teachers who said they'd do it no longer had working email addresses and the other never responded to my email asking if shes still willing. So I'm hoping those aren't really influential...

8 hours ago, arte said:

omg... I just realized that my application to columbia says my application is complete

Application ChecklistApplication Submitted: 01/14/2016

Your application is complete.

and Yale has the the kind of website right? but my yale account doesn't say that. There's nothing under the application checklist. Should I call them?

All my transcripts are in, letters are in, portfolio is in... What is wrong...

Mines the same exact way, dont sweat it, I think its just a difference and doesn't mean that anything is wrong with the app! 
Haha but I definitely feel you, I need to stop examing these so much.  I've convinced myself that my Columbia slides are all rearranged but actually now I'm thinking that I must have decided to switch it up.

Edited by Alment

17 minutes ago, paint_and_destroy said:

As to recommendations, sorry to hear that some of you had a hard time with that.  It is really troubling to hear that former professors did not respond.  Not to sound too entitled, but I feel as if that is part of their job!

I agree.  Especially if they said they would.  I guess its always possible they were too busy to respond or read my email.  However if they didnt want to provide me a recommendation they could of just said that,  I'm an adult I can take it.

58 minutes ago, BlCEO said:

OH MAN... anyone seeing this?

in.jpg

mine did not but it did say YAS MUTHR FCKR this morning but now its all gone so does this mean my chances of success in life are below zero? :o

Just now, Alment said:

mine did not but it did say YAS MUTHR FCKR this morning but now its all gone so does this mean my chances of success in life are below zero? :o

yeah probably.  I've seen that before.  CRUSHED HOPES AND DREAMS.  Which is where I'll also be at the end of the week.  haha

1 minute ago, <><><><><> said:

wait is this for real?? at this point i can't even tell what a joke anymore :blink:

I know, I'm thinking the same thing. 

But I'm guessing it's a joke now. :P

17 minutes ago, cpw0021 said:

I know, I'm thinking the same thing. 

But I'm guessing it's a joke now. :P

yeah it was a joke.  In a perfect world though, that's how Yale would respond.