YALE MFA 2016

MovingTarget22

On February 6, 2016 at 1:54 PM, yessssssss said:

Understandable - I haven't posted my site either for the same reason. I'm sure you'll do great! Your work is obviously strong to have so many interviews at great schools lined up right out of the gate. Are you applying straight out of undergrad or did you take a few years off of school?

i graduated from Tyler in 2012, i was in painting and sculpture... I definitely definitely definitely would not get these interviews if it was 2012, or even 2014. yikes!  I really have no clue what I'm expecting to come of them! 

3 minutes ago, conny said:

I was invited for an interview, and I wanted to do it in person, not skype. oh well.

you're supossed to do it in person if you live in the US, you just uncheck Skype---- to my understanding at least. 

Edited by Alment

Just now, conny said:

there isn't any availability on the calendar. the days are gray not green.

oh mannnn! that's such an epic bummer.  Call them and double-check maybe?  Maybe they can make room, they were probably expecting international applicants to Skype and maybe a lot of them are flying so they took spaces. 

4 minutes ago, Alment said:

oh mannnn! that's such an epic bummer.  Call them and double-check maybe?  Maybe they can make room, they were probably expecting international applicants to Skype and maybe a lot of them are flying so they took spaces. 

i emailed patsy. and i'll call them tomorrow. but yeah...2 days for interviews is ridiculous. should be a week. were u invited too?

Edited by conny

1 minute ago, Alment said:

painting had a week, wow i had no idea

i think painting is a bigger pool. tbh i didnt read the email because i expected it to be a rejection letter. so i am at fault for that delay, but still today is sunday, and i decided to schedule my interview and there's nothing left. and i really don't want to do skype. i've never visited the campus before.

On 2/5/2016 at 0:07 PM, rexkingiv said:

Out of curiosity, I tried to go to the link that was previously seen in my application status. And then, I realized that I can go to every single program's interview schedule.

https://apply.art.yale.edu/portal/interview_painting

https://apply.art.yale.edu/portal/interview_sculpture

https://apply.art.yale.edu/portal/interview_photography

https://apply.art.yale.edu/portal/interview_graphic3year

https://apply.art.yale.edu/portal/interview_graphic2year (Interestingly, only Graphic Design 2-year program that has available dates.)

Did I... did I just broke the system lol?

WTF LOL!@!!!!!

On 2/6/2016 at 7:09 PM, palmtrees said:

Got rejected by Yale. Looks like I'm going to London. Congrats on the ones who got an interview!

Hi Palmtrees--sorry about Yale :/ but where in London did you apply if you don't mind me asking--and have you heard back from any yet? 

17 hours ago, conny said:

i think painting is a bigger pool. tbh i didnt read the email because i expected it to be a rejection letter. so i am at fault for that delay, but still today is sunday, and i decided to schedule my interview and there's nothing left. and i really don't want to do skype. i've never visited the campus before.

Called them. Apparently it was a glitch in the system they hadn't noticed. Secured my interview. :-)

4 hours ago, Weighted_by_Gold said:

They might give us one later, I registered for the open house 4 months in advance and didn't get a confirmation till the week before

excellent news. because I forgot my time. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by altiplano

On 2/8/2016 at 11:26 AM, beemovie said:

Hi Palmtrees--sorry about Yale :/ but where in London did you apply if you don't mind me asking--and have you heard back from any yet? 

Hi Bee,

Thank you for the inquiry. I got into CSM and Wimbledon (they interviewed me this afternoon and it went well. The program director said she would recommend the school to give me an offer, so I guess I'm in.)

On 2/6/2016 at 11:47 PM, Plural said:

any tips on getting to New Haven from JFK? it seems quite troubling to take the Tweed New Haven airport, since I am an international applicant(having to detour to the Philadelphia airport first then to Tweed New Haven). 

JFK Airtrain to the NYC Subway to Grand Central

Metro North from Grand Central to New Haven line

there is a yale shuttle that comes every 20 minutes, but also a free new haven bus (it's green) that also comes and makes a loop to about 5 min.

Cabs from the station to YSOA are about $10 + 2 tip, i suggest just taking a cab from the train station

On 2/16/2016 at 0:37 AM, palmtrees said:

Hi Bee,

Thank you for the inquiry. I got into CSM and Wimbledon (they interviewed me this afternoon and it went well. The program director said she would recommend the school to give me an offer, so I guess I'm in.)

hello!
Congrats on the interview and i hope you get in, if you don't mind me asking what program did you apply for? I've applied as an international student for the visual arts program haven't heard anything yet getting really nervous.

best

7 minutes ago, rexkingiv said:

Hi frenchy, I'm an international applicant as well. As far as I know, you need to scan those files and send them to the Financial Aid's e-mail.

You are the best thanks! Did you send already your official transcripts?