Fall 2016 CANADIAN Counselling Psychology Applicants

Applicant3211

• 3 weeks later...

@lifeuptimize: All information about the program can be found on the OISE website

http://www.oise.utoronto.ca/aphd/Prospective_Students/Programs/Counselling_Psychology/

Has anyone heard anything from the MSc Counselling Psychology at the University of Calgary? 

On 2/1/2016 at 9:42 PM, Applicant3211 said:

@lifeuptimize: All information about the program can be found on the OISE website

http://www.oise.utoronto.ca/aphd/Prospective_Students/Programs/Counselling_Psychology/

Has anyone heard anything from the MSc Counselling Psychology at the University of Calgary? 

Thanks for your link.I will use it now.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a interview with the University of Calgary for the MSc counselling psychology program and was told that acceptances will be made soon. I also got an interview for the MA counselling psychology programs at Western in early March.  I haven't heard anything from OISE (MEd program). 

Hey guys! Glad to see a canadian counselling psyc thread on here. I received a western interview date but haven't heard back from anywhere else.

Applicant 3211, could I PM you about any general advice on the interview process after your experience at UC? I haven't heard from them yet, but I'm trying to find more resources for counselling psych interview prep in general. there doesn't seem to be a ton of info online for canadian schools. If you wouldn't mind sharing how you prepared and what the experience was like, please let me know :)

Good luck everyone!

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone heard from the OISE (M.Ed) Counselling Psychology Program? Someone posted on the results page that their status changed to invited today but I still haven't heard anything from the program. 

On 3/19/2016 at 11:29 AM, Applicant3211 said:

Has anyone heard from the OISE (M.Ed) Counselling Psychology Program? Someone posted on the results page that their status changed to invited today but I still haven't heard anything from the program. 

Just out of curiosity, who wrote that they got accepted? I wanted to know what their qualifications were. I got an interview for Western's MA Counselling Psychology program but I'm not too sure if I would be accepted to UofT's. 

On 3/21/2016 at 1:47 PM, Applicant14017 said:

Hey everyone,

I contacted OISE's graduate department and was told that decision letters will be sent this week for the MEd Counselling Psychology and Psychotherapy program.

Good luck everyone! :)

has anyone received a letter or seen an update on ROSI/SGS? i've been checking impatiently all week!

On 3/26/2016 at 0:49 PM, Applicant3211 said:

Has anyone who had an interview with Western Counselling Psychology MA hear back yet?

No not yet! I remember them saying that acceptances go out around Mid- April. 

If you don't mind me asking, how did you feel about your interview? :)

3 hours ago, Applicant14017 said:

No not yet! I remember them saying that acceptances go out around Mid- April. 

If you don't mind me asking, how did you feel about your interview? :)

I felt that the interview went well! I enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere and found the whole interview was like a casual conversation. However, I am sure all applicants who were interviewed were all equally accomplished and do not know what to expect in terms of being accepted/rejected. What about you? How did you find the interview? 

3 hours ago, Applicant3211 said:

I felt that the interview went well! I enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere and found the whole interview was like a casual conversation. However, I am sure all applicants who were interviewed were all equally accomplished and do not know what to expect in terms of being accepted/rejected. What about you? How did you find the interview? 

I felt the exact same way! it felt very casual, I was a little nervous so maybe I spoke a bit fast out of anxiety.

Goodluck with all your acceptances. Thanks for the reply :)

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Applicant14017 said:

Hey, has anyone who had an interview heard back from Western yet? 

No, I haven't heard anything from the program since the interview! The waiting is the hardest part :( but hopefully we hear back soon! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/6/2016 at 11:20 AM, Applicant3211 said:

No, I haven't heard anything from the program since the interview! The waiting is the hardest part :( but hopefully we hear back soon! 

hey, have you heard back as of yet?