Reordered scores to be sent to schools, different percentages now?

joro

I took the GRE last year and the percentages were: 58v, 86q, 58aw. I just reordered the test scores and my percentages are now different: 60v, 85q, 63aw. Should I be worried since I already submitted my applications and entered the percentages from last year? I didn't think it would change like that.

I might be wrong, but I think you're supposed to record the percentiles of the year you took it. i.e. a 600 might have been in the 85% percentile when you took but is now in the 80%. On your application you would record it as being in the 85%.

For me, I caught this before I sent my applications, so I'm going to use the updated percentiles in my application, since that's what the adcom will be seeing when the GRE scores are sent to them. This allows them to compare you to everyone who's recently taken the GREs--kind of puts everyone on an equal ground.

I'm sure, though, it's a common thing for you to self-report your percentiles before you find out that they've changed, and it won't hurt you that you've done this. It will be pretty obvious when they see the slight change in percentiles that you were basing it on your percentiles from the past. But, if you want to make sure, you could check with the school.

I took the GRE last year and the percentages were: 58v, 86q, 58aw. I just reordered the test scores and my percentages are now different: 60v, 85q, 63aw. Should I be worried since I already submitted my applications and entered the percentages from last year? I didn't think it would change like that.

The same thing just happened to me! My Verbal (the most important for my program) stayed the same, so I'm not that worried. My AWA went up 2% and Quant went down 1%. I just reported them as-is since that seems to be the most updated info. I would stick with the original if they hadn't sent them to me on the regular, offical score report. I'd rather go with the most recent info from ETS (and luckily it will benefit me, for the most part). Otherwise, I'm not worrying too much about it.

I hadn't even noticed this until I read this thread! I've already submitted 2 apps with the old percentages, but I'm not going to worry about it. But I'm definitely going to change the apps I've started but haven't submitted-- the percentages went up! My AW percentage is 6 pct. higher than it was when I originally took the test. :D