2016 Rejection/Plan B Thread

samori

Just now, MVSCZAR said:

This is like when Sims first meet and everything is going well and then the one sim says something weird and the other gets red and says some sad sounding sim thing and the relationship is basically down voted. That's how I'm feeling with this conversation.

Sorry, I should abnegate my own sense of humor in the spirit of civility

3 minutes ago, MVSCZAR said:

This is like when Sims first meet and everything is going well and then the one sim says something weird and the other gets red and says some sad sounding sim thing and the relationship is basically down voted. That's how I'm feeling with this conversation.

yessssss

13 minutes ago, MVSCZAR said:

:lol:

Just now, ZoliK said:

I like how I now have a poor reputation because Moe, Larry, and Curly are thumbsing down my not at all serious posts

If you already have negative reputation, you may want to consider that it has to do with the content of your posts. 

3 minutes ago, philosophe said:

If you already have negative reputation, you may want to consider that it has to do with the content of your posts. 

Okay everyone. I know you are all tender and have been seeking a target upon whom to channel all your rage. Hit me with everything you got. I'll bear the cross for the sake of giving you some release.

Hit me with the cheese whiz.

Edited by ZoliK

10 minutes ago, ZoliK said:

Okay everyone. I know you are all tender and have been seeking a target upon whom to channel all your rage. Hit me with everything you got. I'll bear the cross for the sake of giving you some release.

Hit me with the cheese whiz.

I don't think anybody here is trying to pick a fight or "channel rage" - apparently some of us just aren't on the same humor frequency, which is fine. Because at the end of the day, this whole process sucks and we're in stuck in it together. So let's all shake hands and keep this forum the supportive place it's meant to be.

The joke doesn't even make sense...

The guy asked whether A or B. Answering "yes" to a question like this on the internet means--unlike in logic--that A and B, and this is the answer everyone intended here. However, this is different then answering "yes" to it being the case that A or B in the logical sense. Yet, you guys continue to conflate the two.

In any case, the philosophical answer doesn't give ZoliK the information he was requesting anyways. He already knows A or B is true in the logical sense. He obviously wanted to know whether its true in virtue of both disjuncts being true, or just one being true.

You know one of my writing samples argued for a memetic view whereby convention is nothing more than the evolutionary propagation of self-perpetuating behaviours and structures. Having come back from dinner I was treated to an excellent case in point where two responses to "yes" as an answer for "a or b" are battling it out in grand behavioural Darwinism.

6 minutes ago, gughok said:

You know one of my writing samples argued for a memetic view whereby convention is nothing more than the evolutionary propagation of self-perpetuating behaviours and structures. Having come back from dinner I was treated to an excellent case in point where two responses to "yes" as an answer for "a or b" are battling it out in grand behavioural Darwinism.

As you can see, my view clearly lost against the might of the stampeding herd

15 minutes ago, brush said:

The joke doesn't even make sense...

The guy asked whether A or B. Answering "yes" to a question like this on the internet means--unlike in logic--that A and B, and this is the answer everyone intended here. However, this is different then answering "yes" to it being the case that A or B in the logical sense. Yet, you guys continue to conflate the two.

In any case, the philosophical answer doesn't give ZoliK the information he was requesting anyways. He already knows A or B is true in the logical sense. He obviously wanted to know whether its true in virtue of both disjuncts being true, or just one being true.

Logical 'or' includes the case where both disjuncts are true. It need not be the case, but 'or' does cover such cases. So I don't know what's being conflated, exactly...

8 minutes ago, dgswaim said:

Logical 'or' includes the case where both disjuncts are true. It need not be the case, but 'or' does cover such cases. So I don't know what's being conflated, exactly...

Logical usage is being conflated with internet convention. The joke depends on each usage giving the same result. But they don't. 

Anyways its probably best that this conversation just dies and we go back to our miserable topic of rejections lol

Edited by brush

Please stop the discussion. It was obviously a joke, without a lot of importance. There 2 pages of silly discussion right now, in the thread of the rejecteds... You are giving a bad image of us rejected ones, like if this proved that we had to be rejected!

Edited by pecado

4 minutes ago, brush said:

Logical usage is being conflated with internet convention. The joke depends on each usage giving the same result. But they don't.

The logical usage is never coming into play here though. The person that asked the question did not ask it using the logical or and the person responding was just using internet convention. 

2 minutes ago, pecado said:

Please stop the discussion. It was obviously a joke, without a lot of importance. There 2 pages of silly discussion right now, in the thread of the rejecteds... You are giving a bad image of us rejected ones, like if this proved that we had to be rejected!

Yeah, man. Is this the rejection thread or the reject thread, amirite?