NSF GRFP 2009-2010

Viva

it let me download the excel file because i had that page open and clicked excel after it went down....!!!!

oh hhhh shit -- is it the same file we could download a few minutes ago??

THE excel file!!!! Heyoooo

That's a little weird... why would the file be live on the server the minute the site goes down for maintenance? Still, make sure it isn't actually blank, and/or isn't the one from last year, as happened earlier.

Sorry. That was uber mean. Hope you guys won't hold it against me. But with all this tension, I had to get a joke in somewhere. Just FYI, it probably won't take all night for them to update.

With a reputation of -15 and likely to decrease, I'd say people are holding it against you :)

I'm just messing with you all. April Fools a few days late.

Lol, I saw that one coming. Anyways, I tried doing a similar thing but it didn't work. Good luck to everyone and maybe it'll be up by tomorrow.

With all of the anticipation/trying not to get my hopes up, I now have a RAGING headache! An award sure would help relieve that pain, though, I bet :) I'm only going to be able to follow this for a few more hours tonight, though, since I have to T.A. early in the morning and pretend to get some sleep tonight.

I'm a her...

Well I no longer feel guilty about my "The results will be up on Thursday" bomb of a joke an hour ago...Thanks for taking the heat! (you're still evil)

With all of the anticipation/trying not to get my hopes up, I now have a RAGING headache! An award sure would help relieve that pain, though, I bet :) I'm only going to be able to follow this for a few more hours tonight, though, since I have to T.A. early in the morning and pretend to get some sleep tonight.

Me too! I got a migraine earlier this evening form the anticipation of knowing an announcement is soon and the stress of trying to finish my MS thesis. (19 days to get the penultimate version to my advisor!) No TA for me in the morning, but there I do have to do fieldwork with a raging case of allergies... oh spring!

So is the consensus that results will be posted before e-mails are sent out?

I don't remember the exact time that the website went live last year, but my email from last year was dated 1:19AM (Eastern). I think I got the email after checking the website, though.

From what I understand, the list of award winners last year was posted before all emails had been sent/received. Supposedly, the NSF was trying to fix that issue this year. That is, the NSF would prefer that emails are sent before they post the list.