NSF GRFP 2009-2010

Viva

I didn't get one. I feel so worthless. :(

meggo, PLEASE DONT. this process is SO arbitrary. Looking at some of hte people from my school on the list who DID get it versus some who didn't makes me laugh -- many of the ones who were denied were MILES more qualified than the others.

heyy, so like i said before, if anyone didn't get one and wants some advice send me a msg w/ your email address and ill give you some pointers on your essays. a friend of mine did the same for me, and i went from nothing last year (my first year as a grad student) to a fellowship this year (my last eligible year to apply). i revamped a lot of my application and i think its def. possible to fix your application and win one next year.

Thank God, I got one!

Thanks for all of the camaraderie, and congrats to all others who won. To those who didn't, there's still next year, and for those who don't have next year, remember that you learned something useful in the process and there are more important things to focus on.

Congrats to those who received an offer or HM. I feel very fortunate to be offered one. There is a lot of randomness and luck to the whole process.

I'm volunteer teaching this year (probably helped with my broader impacts, but definitely not why I did it). Unfortunately this will not help me with lesson planning or unruly students. Time to get some work done.

AAAAAHHH!!!! WTF WTF WTF!!?!?! I GOT THE NSF GRANT! WTF?!?! I WAS REJECTED FROM ALL MY SCHOOLS YET I GOT AN NSF GRANT?!?! WTF?

Check to see if schools will reconsider now that they don't have to pay nearly as much for you. It's worth a shot.

Ratings sheets don't come up until later tonight/tomorrow morning, IIRC.