Fall 2016 Genetic Counseling Applicants

gc09621

Has anyone else not received notification of rejection despite interviews already being given? I had to inquire with University of South Carolina director to find out about rejection, which I thought was rather odd....

Cincinnati was great! UC is a much more casual interview than the others and I loved the hospital and clinics there.  I would be really happy to get accepted at that school :) It can be a bit exhausting to have 5 30 minute interviews though wow.  Northwestern has 7!!!

@weilongli1 i mailed the director and they replied me with the rejection letter. But my acceptance to public health genetics program is still valid. So i will most surely be joining for mph program in upitt itself and try again for ms gc next fall, which i am sure i will get into. Also i still have interview at slc so i have a chance there as well...........happy :)

Just got my McGill rejection :( bummer!

That said, I think it's super interesting to look at the mish mash of responses we've received from schools. Seems as though each admissions committee is looking for something different...I'm as confused as ever!

UBC let me know that they have finished giving out interviews so now I've heard from everyone and don't need to keep refreshing anymore! Best of luck to everyone with their applications and interviews, I'm looking forward to a crazy next two months of school and visiting universities and can't wait for match day :D

Did anyone see that the Augustana program (Sioux Falls, SD) just got accredited? I hadn't even realized they started a program! I guess they were accepting applications until March 1, bummed I missed the deadline :(