Fall 2016 Admissions Cycle

On February 29, 2016 at 11:02 AM, akism said:

Hello, a fellow applicant here. I received an email from UW on Thursday. I just checked my portal and the status is now changed to "offer." Hope you got good news as well! 

Maybe I don't know what a portal is. Is the portal the page that has all of our application information on it or is it something else?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, paria said:

@RamyaS @Frank Knight I got my rejection email too. And that "let me know if you have any questions" ?????? When I saw it first, before opening the pdf, I thought I got in. Were they being sarcastic or what? 

I know right!!! I was just stumped when I read that. Normally only acceptance letters come with a line like that :P 

4 hours ago, gabsnavs said:

Congrats @akism!

I also applied to a master's at UW. Do you mind sharing what your acceptance email said? Haven't heard anything and am assuming it's a rejection.

Thanks!

It was a full length email that started with

Dear (my name):
Congratulations on your offer for admission to the University of Washington Graduate School for Autumn 2016.
On behalf of the Department of Urban Design and Planning, welcome to the Master of Urban Planning (MUP) program!

Then it goes into multiple paragraphs on the program's goals, merits, community, etc. Very thorough compared to some schools I've been accepted to. Then it was followed by an welcoming email/open house info by planning students association. 

When I checked the previous year's notices, it seemed some accepts just come through way later so I won't necessarily give up on hope on it! Good luck! 

1 hour ago, akism said:

It was a full length email that started with

Dear (my name):
Congratulations on your offer for admission to the University of Washington Graduate School for Autumn 2016.
On behalf of the Department of Urban Design and Planning, welcome to the Master of Urban Planning (MUP) program!

Then it goes into multiple paragraphs on the program's goals, merits, community, etc. Very thorough compared to some schools I've been accepted to. Then it was followed by an welcoming email/open house info by planning students association. 

When I checked the previous year's notices, it seemed some accepts just come through way later so I won't necessarily give up on hope on it! Good luck! 

Awesome! Thank you and congrats again :)

7 hours ago, jprose said:

Still waiting to hear from Harvard and MIT...but yes looks like MIT has started letting folks know of offers by phone! 

Did you also apply to the PhD program? 

I applied for the PhD program in CDD

16 hours ago, RamyaS said:

Did you also apply to the PhD program? 

I applied for the PhD program in CDD

I applied to the Masters, HCED concentration. Still no word. Have you heard back?

I did receive an offer from GSD for MUP, though, (!!!) which I noticed through the web portal.

54 minutes ago, jprose said:

I applied to the Masters, HCED concentration. Still no word. Have you heard back?

I did receive an offer from GSD for MUP, though, (!!!) which I noticed through the web portal.

Congratulations on Harvard! 

nope, no word from MIT. I saw a couple of posts about PhD acceptances and a few more about Masters, but with the PhD I am not sure if it was the same person hitting the result twice by mistake or two different people. I am hoping things will be clear by next week. Good luck!

On 3/8/2016 at 3:04 PM, D* said:

@RamyaS Also got a rejection from MIT.. That makes two of us.. Good Luck @jprose !!

Alas, I too got my rejection email after checking the boards. I will likely accept GSD's offer though! Good luck y'all.

@gabsnavs I also applied to UW and haven't heard anything. I've gotten into UCAL Irvine, Florida State, University of Florida, and U of O. I also applied to Clemson, but already ruled that out because I got into the other schools.

Hi @Braden Davis, I received an email from UW yesterday-- I've been wait listed. So far, I've received acceptances from UC Berkeley and University of Oregon, still waiting on University of British Columbia and Portland State University. 

Is UW your top choice? What do you know about the UO program?

Cheers!

I've been lurking for awhile so I figured it would be a good time to post some results and maybe get some advice.

Accepted to: Penn, Michigan, CU Denver, Portland State

Waitlisted: Washington

Rejected: UT Austin, Harvard

I think I'm going to be choosing between Michigan and Penn. I keep going back and forth between the two, any insight? I'm going to be concentrating in Urban Design.