Berkeley MEng 2016

I'm expecting to hear something (interview, rejection, etc) in the next couple weeks. Their EECS MEng page said to make sure Letters of Rec get in by this week, so I'm guessing they start reviewing apps around now. I think they do PhD and MS first.

What emphasis are you applying to? Data Science for me. I'm planning on doing it part-time - wondering if that will influence anything in the decision. 

Edited by workingstudent

Anyone get their status changed or receive anything from them? Mine still says "submitted". 

I have another friend who applied last year. He got the interview at end of January. So I am a bit freaking out. 

9 hours ago, sky00high said:

Anyone get their status changed or receive anything from them? Mine still says "submitted". 

I have another friend who applied last year. He got the interview at end of January. So I am a bit freaking out. 

Damn, I see. I do remember from other posts that no having an interview does not necessarily mean you have no chance of getting in.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I have applied for EECS MEng. I had an interview on 11th February.
I am not sure whether that means it's a further shortlist or anything?

Results are expected around mid-March if I am not wrong?

On 2/22/2016 at 2:07 AM, Irene_Adler said:

Hi, I have applied for EECS MEng. I had an interview on 11th February.
I am not sure whether that means it's a further shortlist or anything?

Results are expected around mid-March if I am not wrong?

Who did you talk to during your interview? Admission officers or faculty members?

11 hours ago, TheMostPowerfulApplicant said:

If you look under Berkeley in results, some people have already said they get rejected from EECS MEng on Feb 19th :(. Does this mean we have a better chance of getting admitted since it's mid-March where people usually get accepted?

I'm pretty sure those people applied to the MS in EECS. This is more competitive than MEng I believe (and much cheaper!).

So I have heard from a Chinese Forum, at least 6 people got offer/ad.

The worst part is, they said the offers/ad for EECS MEng would be sent out in only one batch at March 3rd 5pm PST....  Can somebody confirm this information?

1 hour ago, sky00high said:

The worst part is, they said the offers/ad for EECS MEng would be sent out in only one batch at March 3rd 5pm PST....  Can somebody confirm this information?

It's over, we got rejected. Universities usually don't send acceptances across multiple days. We'll probably be emailed a generic letter saying to check online to find out rejections.

4 hours ago, sky00high said:

Now I'm freaking out! Can you share with us what forum you are referring to?

• 2 years later...