MIT IDM Program

j118

Is anyone applying to the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) Integrated Design and Management (IDM) program? It is a relatively new program under SDM and there hasn't been a lot of info on it. I'm just wondering when the Jan 15 applicants should expect to hear back by for interviews. It's been 3 weeks and they have yet to view my portfolio (I checked the traffic on my website) or give me any info other than an email confirmation on Jan 22 that my application is complete. :( Wonder if that's a bad sign or am I just being impatient? 

Edited by j118

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/9/2016 at 1:35 AM, TheMostPowerfulApplicant said:

hey man, I applied for SDM (which was deadline 4 weeks ago) and I also haven't heard back about interviews or anything :/. Maybe we both are rejected already.

Did your application website change? Mine was just updated with two new tabs: "Invitations" and "Scheduled Interviews". No invites yet though :( Wonder if it's updated for both SDM and IDM applicants or just IDM.

21 hours ago, j118 said:

Did your application website change? Mine was just updated with two new tabs: "Invitations" and "Scheduled Interviews". No invites yet though :( Wonder if it's updated for both SDM and IDM applicants or just IDM.

Nope, mine also says no interviews planned. Damn I think we got rejected man...

On 2/19/2016 at 6:38 PM, TheMostPowerfulApplicant said:

Nope, mine also says no interviews planned. Damn I think we got rejected man...

Hi, 

Have you heard from SDM? 

I haven't heard from them yet.

Edited by ALSA

3 hours ago, TheMostPowerfulApplicant said:

I just got rejection email today :'(

Same here,  What's your plan now? Actually I am more interested in ms.cs programs and I am still waiting for the results. 

On 2/27/2016 at 9:31 PM, ALSA said:

Same here,  What's your plan now? Actually I am more interested in ms.cs programs and I am still waiting for the results. 

Waiting for EE MS results from CMU and Berkeley right now :/. Haven't gotten any acceptances yet, so there is good possibility that I won't even be able to go back to school :'(

18 hours ago, TheMostPowerfulApplicant said:

Waiting for EE MS results from CMU and Berkeley right now :/. Haven't gotten any acceptances yet, so there is good possibility that I won't even be able to go back to school :'(

Same here, 

I got rejected from UC Berkeley and Princeton University and I am waiting for CMU as well, the deadline for UPenn second round is on 15th March if you are interested. I feel you but we need to wait. I hope we get accepted. :) 

Yes con

3 hours ago, raaahraaahraaah said:

I haven't heard back either way - anyone else in this boat? Should I contact MIT?

Actually I haven't heard back from them till I contacted them, they sent me the rejection email 11 times. So I am not only unwanted on their program, I am unwanted for 11 times. :D

4 hours ago, raaahraaahraaah said:

I haven't heard back either way - anyone else in this boat? Should I contact MIT?

Hey, which program did you apply to? 

14 minutes ago, raaahraaahraaah said:

Oh no - this scares me :(

Don't be I thought you are talking about SDM. I applied to SDM, and I am talking about SDM. 

1 hour ago, ALSA said:

Yes con

Actually I haven't heard back from them till I contacted them, they sent me the rejection email 11 times. So I am not only unwanted on their program, I am unwanted for 11 times. :D

Lol! I'm glad you still have a positive attitude about all this! I hope you do get into the other places you are waiting on! 

7 minutes ago, j118 said:

Lol! I'm glad you still have a positive attitude about all this! I hope you do get into the other places you are waiting on! 

Let me tell you one thing, they rejected me last year, so the total is 12 rejection letters, last year I was really wanted the SDM program but all my thinking changed and I was really considering not to reapply, I am more into ms in cs. I am still waiting for 4 programs, I also planning to apply for two more - the deadline on 15th March- and if I get rejected from all of them , my last chance is either to apply to a low ranked university in US or to apply to Ireland topped university which it's not that good, what do you think?  

Edited by ALSA

20 minutes ago, ALSA said:

Let me tell you one thing, they rejected me last year, so the total is 12 rejection letters, last year I was really wanted the SDM program but all my thinking changed and I was really considering not to reapply, I am more into ms in cs. I am still waiting for 4 programs, I also planning to apply for two more - the deadline on 15th March- and if I get rejected from all of them , my last chance is either to apply to a low ranked university in US or to apply to Ireland topped university which it's not that good, what do you think?  

Sorry to hear that. I would say keep trying. I would also ask them if they can provide reasons for why they rejected you. This would help you to work on these areas in particular to have a better chance of getting in next time. I know that SDM stresses a lot on work experience, so perhaps it's a matter of waiting until you get the amount of experience they are looking for (on average 10+ years of experience). Either way, keep trying! I hope you do get into what you want sooner or later! 

Edited by j118

• 1 month later...

Has anyone here applied for the second deadline of the MIT IDM program (viz. March 4th)? If so, have you got any response from the admissions council yet?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I am a mechanical engineer and i am thinking of applying for this program. please can anyone tell me what type of applications are accepted? and if possible can anyone show me their portfolio?

• 4 months later...
On 25 April 2016 at 1:36 PM, kaminph said:

I just had an online interview last 2 weeks, still waiting for their news

Hi kaminph,

I have applied for IDM for 2017 intake (Jan 20 deadline). Can you share more details on when did you finally get to hear back, and what was the interview about? Thanks a lot!

On 12 October 2016 at 1:01 PM, ani16031995 said:

I am a mechanical engineer and i am thinking of applying for this program. please can anyone tell me what type of applications are accepted? and if possible can anyone show me their portfolio?

Hi ani16031995,

Did you finally apply to IDM? I applied on Jan20 (first deadline).

Applied to IDM in the Jan 20 round. I got an update on Jan 31 Jan saying all my docs are verified, but they need 6 weeks to get back. Still waiting.