Schools with Late Deadlines

nikcav

Hey everyone,

Does anyone know of any schools that still have open applications right now? My lack of responses recently has me thinking I maybe should have applied to more schools.

The program where I did my undergrad, University of Memphis, takes applications til February 15th.

Also, University of Alaska Fairbanks takes applications until March 1st. My ceramics professor told me about it when I was figuring out where to apply, supposedly its a pretty good program, and they offer excellent funding. Presumably the high funding and late deadline are because of the difficulty of getting people to move to Alaska.

5 hours ago, itscontents said:

CORE program in Houston but not a traditional MFA.  Anyone hear good/bad things about it?

The Core program is not a MFA program. It's a year long residency that's renewable for a second year. Most people who go already have their MFA and there's a preference for people whose practice is theoretical/conceptual. 

Just a heads up to people about WashU in St. Louis. I started an application way back when in Slideroom, and when I log in to Slideroom it's still available to edit and submit. There's  a grace period for the next several days. So, if you're thinking about fitting in one more school, that might be an option!