HKS 2016

HKS hopeful

You only applied to HKS?

Waiting too.. but for MPP. I wouldn't expect anything til mid-March as they say on their website. Really no need to get too antsy.

I'm curious though why you decided only HKS? What's your profile? 

Yes, only HKS. Audited two hks classes several years ago and knew that's where I belong. Hks mid-career  would build on my existing skills and propel me to the next level.... In addition, my future goals have been achieved by hks mid-career alum. I already have courses selected if I attend this fall.  

Best ts wishes with you applications.

Hi there, HKS hopeful.  I haven't been on this site in many many months, and I'm glad that I checked in now to see your post.  I don't know anything about where the MPP or MPA/ID committees are - but I want you to know that the MPA committees (for MPA2 and MCMPA) are on track.  Every file has been read independently by two committee members.  Written comments have been entered for each applicant, and we've had several full committee meetings to make sure that we're all looking out for the same sorts of things.  We are now in the "in review" process - during which every file with substantially differing scores are discussed by the two initial readers.  Some of those cases will soon come to the full committee for discussion.  We meet as a group on Tuesdays and Thursdays - and we're making good progress. As in years past, I'm sorry to say, the overwhelming majority of applicants will not be offered admission.  And as in years past, I want to underscore that we're not mesmerized by GREs and GPAs. HKS will almost certainly end up saying "no" to applicants with perfect board scores and "yes" to applicants who struggled at times. We look for an applicant's clear fit to our mission.  Bottom line.. keep your hopes alive... and chill (if you're the kind of person who can) until mid-March. Everyone will find out, one way or the other, on the same day.  You - and I - are both looking forward to that day.

6 hours ago, HKS hopeful said:

Good luck! And congrats on your other admits. ;-) I've only applied to one school so the stakes are high. 

Thanks!

25 minutes ago, David_King said:

Hi there, HKS hopeful.  I haven't been on this site in many many months, and I'm glad that I checked in now to see your post.  I don't know anything about where the MPP or MPA/ID committees are - but I want you to know that the MPA committees (for MPA2 and MCMPA) are on track.  Every file has been read independently by two committee members.  Written comments have been entered for each applicant, and we've had several full committee meetings to make sure that we're all looking out for the same sorts of things.  We are now in the "in review" process - during which every file with substantially differing scores are discussed by the two initial readers.  Some of those cases will soon come to the full committee for discussion.  We meet as a group on Tuesdays and Thursdays - and we're making good progress. As in years past, I'm sorry to say, the overwhelming majority of applicants will not be offered admission.  And as in years past, I want to underscore that we're not mesmerized by GREs and GPAs. HKS will almost certainly end up saying "no" to applicants with perfect board scores and "yes" to applicants who struggled at times. We look for an applicant's clear fit to our mission.  Bottom line.. keep your hopes alive... and chill (if you're the kind of person who can) until mid-March. Everyone will find out, one way or the other, on the same day.  You - and I - are both looking forward to that day.

Awesome. I didn't apply for the MPA but it's very encouraging how you come to gradcafe to give us updates. Thank you!

2 hours ago, edpolicy2015 said:

Is anyone still working on there HKS fellowship applications? I am trying to finish up my last few essays.

I'm still working my way through the last few essays.  Don't worry, you're not alone! :)  Good luck to you!

Just got an email notification from HKS and my heart just started pounding hard. I was so scared and opened it to find that it contained general information about the notification deadlines and links to the admissions blog. It said the decisions will be finalized by early March. So, I have at least another two week to dream about me being accepted to HKS.

10 hours ago, quietman said:

I'm assuming everyone else got the email about the survey? I got very excited for a moment there!

Same here! Was very excited even though I knew it was about admission results! Exciting to know early-march is what we are waiting for!