Fill in the blanks?

Angelicasassy

no, as far as I know these are still in the experimental stage, and ETS just wants to see how people handle them. if you do see these on the gre, you can be confident that they don't count as part of your score. i took the gre twice, and the second time a clearly identified section came up that said that it was experimental and that those questions wouldn't count, and that section had those fill in the blank questions... i answered two or three and then skipped the section. no big deal.

no, as far as I know these are still in the experimental stage, and ETS just wants to see how people handle them. if you do see these on the gre, you can be confident that they don't count as part of your score. i took the gre twice, and the second time a clearly identified section came up that said that it was experimental and that those questions wouldn't count, and that section had those fill in the blank questions... i answered two or three and then skipped the section. no big deal.

OMG, I am so glad to hear that. I realized that I wasn't even doing them properly (even though I knew how I was meant to do them). I also had a blank moment, when I started doing synonyms instead of antonyms. I am feeling so overwhelmed right now.

OMG, I am so glad to hear that. I realized that I wasn't even doing them properly (even though I knew how I was meant to do them). I also had a blank moment, when I started doing synonyms instead of antonyms. I am feeling so overwhelmed right now.

I actually had one question to fill in. I don't know if it was experimental or not, bein that they didn't say anything in particular there.

I was under the impression that they never identify the experimental section on the actual GRE since it would bias the test taker and render the data useless.

When I took it last year I got an extra math section and although I could make a pretty good guess which one was experimental based on how the questions were written, it was never identified.

I got an experimental math section; I knew it was experimental because they let me use a calculator on it. Then at the end of that section, the computer told me that the section had been experimental and that it would not count towards my score, but 200 of the top scorers would get a gift certificate. Never heard back on that, so I'm quite glad that section didn't count. Adding the use of a calculator seemed to make the questions a lot harder suddenly...

I was under the impression that they never identify the experimental section on the actual GRE since it would bias the test taker and render the data useless.

When I took it last year I got an extra math section and although I could make a pretty good guess which one was experimental based on how the questions were written, it was never identified.

I took it two years ago and the experimental section was unidentified, but the last two times I've taken it, August and October of this year, the experimental section was optional, and apparently if you score very well on it, you get entered to win a prize or something.

the GRE I took in May had one fill in question in math section - although i don't know for sure, I think it was not in the experimental section.

this time I had to do an experimental Analytical writing - it was horrible... But I knew it wouldn't count, because it was so different. I just feel sorry for the next generations...

I took it two years ago and the experimental section was unidentified, but the last two times I've taken it, August and October of this year, the experimental section was optional, and apparently if you score very well on it, you get entered to win a prize or something.

Yes - I took the GRE yesterday and the experimental section (it's called research section) was placed at the end of the test. Although the research section was optional it forced you to click "proceed" before you could quit. I was asked to do another analytical writing. I didn't want to do it because I was so tired after travelling all the way to London to take the test. I just wanted to see my score and go home. The experiemental section was optional. If you scored every well you'll get a prize.