Temple University

Has anyone heard back from Temple? I've seen that a couple  of people have posted that they were accepted around Feb 20th on the TUportal.  Does that mean those who are still waiting to hear back will most likely get rejections?

Edited by Curlylets
spelling

I haven't heard back yet either. I think since only three people have posted, it's possible they JUST started making decisions and they'll continue to let us know over the course of the next couple of weeks. I wouldn't lose hope yet! I'm also nervous to hear back. 

I got a pop up video saying welcome to the class of 2020 but once I clicked off the page I can't get it back. I'm guessing it's a glitch because why would it be 2020 anyway? 

Can anyone shed light on this?

4 hours ago, KateAlison said:

Yes, it says that my application is complete and I'm waiting for a decision. It's so strange!

That's honestly torture I would die if they got my hopes up like that. Mine is also waiting for a decision still. Hopefully we'll hear back soon

How can I create a portal account? I only have access to my application through temple.edu/apply but have no idea how to get to my tuportal because I was never given a username or anything. Any help would be great! Dying to hear back; especially because people are starting to be accepted!

8 hours ago, kwinther said:

How can I create a portal account? I only have access to my application through temple.edu/apply but have no idea how to get to my tuportal because I was never given a username or anything. Any help would be great! Dying to hear back; especially because people are starting to be accepted!

I'm pretty sure I got an email with my username. The link to the portal is https://tuportal4.temple.edu/cp/home/displaylogin

I would contact that school and ask them!

Who's heard from Temple in the last few days? They're on spring break this week (2/29-3/4), so there's a chance news could be a bit slower, but the results search shows that a few people have heard from TU over the last 48 hours..

Can't take much more of this!! 

2 hours ago, PaperStSoapCo87 said:

Who's heard from Temple in the last few days? They're on spring break this week (2/29-3/4), so there's a chance news could be a bit slower, but the results search shows that a few people have heard from TU over the last 48 hours..

Can't take much more of this!! 

On the results page there were a few rejections posted today -- I still haven't heard anything though 

Update of some sort: my portal still says complete and awaiting a decision but now the checklist also added "You have outstanding financial aid requirements that are preventing your award from being finalized. Please check the `Student Financial Services` channel for more information." I called the graduate school and was transferred to financial aid and they told me to disregard it unless you're admitted and that it doesn't really mean anything. :huh:

1 hour ago, Speechiem said:

Update of some sort: my portal still says complete and awaiting a decision but now the checklist also added "You have outstanding financial aid requirements that are preventing your award from being finalized. Please check the `Student Financial Services` channel for more information." I called the graduate school and was transferred to financial aid and they told me to disregard it unless you're admitted and that it doesn't really mean anything. :huh:

Mine says the same thing, this is really playing with my heart, this is torture. Are we supposed to do anything though in regards to financial aid? i don't see a "student financial services" channel tab.

Edited by Curlylets
add on

Does anyone else's portal say this: 

You have outstanding financial aid requirements that are preventing your award from being finalized. Please check the `Student Financial Services` channel for more information.

?

I don't have an acceptance or rejection or waitlist yet so I'm curious.

1 hour ago, Auuudriana said:

Does anyone else's portal say this: 

You have outstanding financial aid requirements that are preventing your award from being finalized. Please check the `Student Financial Services` channel for more information.

?

I don't have an acceptance or rejection or waitlist yet so I'm curious.

Read the above posts. It doesn't mean anything

2 hours ago, Speechiem said:

Read the above posts. It doesn't mean anything

Oops, I missed it, sorry :mellow: I thought I had already read the whole thread so I just posted lol

1 hour ago, Auuudriana said:

Oops, I missed it, sorry :mellow: I thought I had already read the whole thread so I just posted lol

Haha it's fine! It's annoying that they would change our portal to say something like that when we're still waiting on decisions. No one in admissions seems to have any clue of what it means either which is frusturating. Hopefully we'll get decisions soon!

39 minutes ago, Speechiem said:

Haha it's fine! It's annoying that they would change our portal to say something like that when we're still waiting on decisions. No one in admissions seems to have any clue of what it means either which is frusturating. Hopefully we'll get decisions soon!

I know, it's weird because one of my friends who applied has the same thing on there, yet another one who applied doesn't. So strange!

8 minutes ago, Auuudriana said:

I know, it's weird because one of my friends who applied has the same thing on there, yet another one who applied doesn't. So strange!

It's funny it still gives me a little hope because they called it "your award." Makes me feel like even though they said it's nothing, they haven't flat out rejected us yet. I guess we'll see

I've heard from multiple professors within the department that Temple SLP releases admissions notifications in (most years three) waves, with usually around two weeks between when the waves go out. Judging by notifications posted in the results section here on grad cafe, the first wave went out 2/20, meaning the second wave should be going out TODAY!...and lo and behold, the TU portal is down for maintenance...I'm dying! Anyone else shaking their fists at the TU IT department today?

21 hours ago, PaperStSoapCo87 said:

I've heard from multiple professors within the department that Temple SLP releases admissions notifications in (most years three) waves, with usually around two weeks between when the waves go out. Judging by notifications posted in the results section here on grad cafe, the first wave went out 2/20, meaning the second wave should be going out TODAY!...and lo and behold, the TU portal is down for maintenance...I'm dying! Anyone else shaking their fists at the TU IT department today?

It's making me a bit anxious since their first wave already received acceptances, and the number of remaining spots is lower.  That extra business about the award notification on the tuportal isn't helping things either lol.