Florida schools?

I've seen a few acceptances for USF and wait lists and I've only seen one acceptance for UCF, anyone else heard anything or know when we'll be hearing?!

I still haven't heard from USF. Not sure if that is a good or bad thing. I am also waiting on FSU and Jacksonville University

I've tried calling USF but can never get thru to anyone. I've seen wait lists and acceptances. Fingers crossed that its a good thing that we haven't heard anything ! 

26 minutes ago, alyc said:

I've tried calling USF but can never get thru to anyone. I've seen wait lists and acceptances. Fingers crossed that its a good thing that we haven't heard anything ! 

@alyc I emailed Kathy Wasson. She told me that my application is still being reviewed by the department, and that she hasn't received my application back with a decision. She is hoping I will know by the end of this week, but who knows :unsure:. I applied last year and didn't get in anywhere. This whole process has been very stressful. Maybe try emailing Kathy Wasson? I bet your application is "still under review" too. I'm just hoping it isn't a rejection. Last year I was watlisted here. Fingers crossed for both of us!!

@jdb10c I applied a couple years ago to a few schools and didn't get in anywhere so I built up my resume and am trying again, so we'll see, fingers crossed for us both. I agree very stressful process. Oh awesome! Thanks for the advice, I'll try that, What is her email address? 

@alyc Her email is: kjwasson@usf.edu. Good luck! Let me know what she says. And good for you for trying again! I just need one acceptance. Hopefully we will both hear good news this time around. I am an out-of-field applicant and did my prerequisite classes at FSU. I retook the GRE ( I am horrible at taking that test) and tried to revamp my resume and LOI. Where all did you apply?

@jdb10c thanks for the email! I'll let you know what she says. And good luck to you too! I am also terrible at taking tests. I retook the GRE and still got the same score so no luck on that end. I applied to UCF, USF, and also UC. I live in Cincinnati, so moving to Florida would be awesome. I probably should have applied to a few more schools, but it's a lot of work looking up programs. Where are did you apply?

I applied to USF and my application portal says items still "missing" and I had emailed the graduate office on 02/09 as well as on 02/21, tried calling them but never got through and as an international applicant it gets really expensive to call again and again. I am freaked out, I see so many people hearing back from them when my file is not even complete. Any suggestions as to what I should do?

9 minutes ago, CalChi SLP said:

I applied to USF and my application portal says items still "missing" and I had emailed the graduate office on 02/09 as well as on 02/21, tried calling them but never got through and as an international applicant it gets really expensive to call again and again. I am freaked out, I see so many people hearing back from them when my file is not even complete. Any suggestions as to what I should do?

Did you email the CSD department chair?  If you haven't, I would try that.  Good luck. :)

I'm still waiting on USF and UF. UCF sent out summer admissions decisions - maybe not all of them, but at least some. They won't start sending out fall decisions until the end of the month at the earliest

1 hour ago, speechietobe said:

I'm still waiting on USF and UF. UCF sent out summer admissions decisions - maybe not all of them, but at least some. They won't start sending out fall decisions until the end of the month at the earliest

When did you hear about summer for UCF ?  I also applied for their summer program, but my portal still says "no decision" uh oh now I'm worried

26 minutes ago, alyc said:

When did you hear about summer for UCF ?  I also applied for their summer program, but my portal still says "no decision" uh oh now I'm worried

I received an acceptance email on feb 19th but I've only heard of a few others who were notified as well so I'm honestly not sure. I would call the department!!

I applied to FSU but have not heard anything.  Looking at the results board from last year and I am guessing it may be at the end of this week.  I know they have spring break next week and it looks like they notified the Friday before last year. 

Edited by Lunalulu2

6 hours ago, alyc said:

@jdb10c thanks for the email! I'll let you know what she says. And good luck to you too! I am also terrible at taking tests. I retook the GRE and still got the same score so no luck on that end. I applied to UCF, USF, and also UC. I live in Cincinnati, so moving to Florida would be awesome. I probably should have applied to a few more schools, but it's a lot of work looking up programs. Where are did you apply?

I totally feel your pain! And applying to a lot of schools can be very expensive. I definitely applied to more schools this year than last year.

I applied to: USF, FSU, JU, UWG, Armstrong, East Tennessee State, Valdosta, Saint Mary's College in IN, Iona College. I had an interview with UWG back in early February, but haven't heard back from them yet. 

47 minutes ago, Lunalulu2 said:

I applied to FSU but have not heard anything.  Looking at the results board from last year and I am guessing it may be at the end of this week.  I know they have spring break next week and it looks like they notified the Friday before last year. 

@Lunalulu2I think you're right! I'm assuming we will hear this Friday about FSU. 

5 hours ago, CalChi SLP said:

I would try emailing Kathy Wasson! I think she deals with the applications

20 hours ago, jdb10c said:

I totally feel your pain! And applying to a lot of schools can be very expensive. I definitely applied to more schools this year than last year.

I applied to: USF, FSU, JU, UWG, Armstrong, East Tennessee State, Valdosta, Saint Mary's College in IN, Iona College. I had an interview with UWG back in early February, but haven't heard back from them yet. 

I'm kind of regretting only applying to three schools, but oh well, hopefully it all works out. Also, I talked to Kathy, I'm in the same boat as you- they're still reviewing it.  She said hopefully I'd hear by the end of the week as well, so we'll see! Hopefully we hear soon, good luck!

Those of you who emailed Kathy wasson - how long did it take until she replied? I'm curious about my application status but she never emailed me back :/

edit: never mind she just emailed me! Haha

Edited by speechietobe

1 hour ago, speechietobe said:

Those of you who emailed Kathy wasson - how long did it take until she replied? I'm curious about my application status but she never emailed me back :/

edit: never mind she just emailed me! Haha

Did you hear anything different than what I was told -- shes thinking I should hear by the end of the week. Good luck!

7 minutes ago, alyc said:

Did you hear anything different than what I was told -- shes thinking I should hear by the end of the week. Good luck!

She said the same thing to me but truthfully she didn't seem very confident lol