Increasing quality of application

I have room for 1 more class in the fall and seeing as it will be the last full semester graduate schools will see on my application I want to make it count!

Here are my choices:

A measure theory independent study. I don't think I have any or much exposure to measure theory and I am reading it is very helpful for graduate level probability/stats. A con I see for this is that I will probably be taking a class in this my first year into a program so having this before hand doesn't look or help me THAT much (or does it?)

Another option is a graduate level time series analysis class. Here is the catalog description:

Analytic and computer methods for time series analysis, including the time domain (autocorrelation) and frequency domain (spectral) approach.

I am thinking/have been told this would show I am serious about becoming a statistician and doing well in a graduate class as an undergrad may help.

Lastly there are other independent studies I could do of almost any topic. I could do something very niche and interesting that might help grad schools decide on me and be very fun and interesting at the same time

TLDR: Space for 1 class in the fall to help my grad application/prepare me for stats grad school

1) Measure theory independent study

2) grad level Time series analysis class

3) Niche prob/stats independent study

Many independent study classes show up on transcripts under some generic name and give no indication of what was actually done. So, it's unlikely you'll get "credit" from an adcom for taking them. Of course, having exposure to measure theory prior to embarking on a PhD can only be helpful, as the grad school version will be much easier if you're seeing things for the second time.

But, as @PhDStats mentioned, the main value of an independent study could be that you have the opportunity to impress the professor you're working with, which will lead to a stronger recommendation.