Teacher's College Columbia

Has anyone heard anything from TC? I've seen in previous years their letters have been sent through mail and generally later in the year than other schools.  Has anyone heard good things about their funding and when they let you know about that?

2 hours ago, Curlylets said:

Has anyone heard anything from TC? I've seen in previous years their letters have been sent through mail and generally later in the year than other schools.  Has anyone heard good things about their funding and when they let you know about that?

Hi! Which program did you apply to? I heard back on Friday that I've been accepted but no funding - wondering if that comes out later. I got an e-mail saying my decision was made available which then connected me to the portal where I got my acceptance. Nothing in the mail yet. I'll be in touch with them on Monday about funding and housing etc.

I haven't heard back either. But based on last year, I think they tend to let people know late in March. I'm applying to the speech with bilingual extension program, but I'm not expecting an answer anytime soon. 

I received an email saying to apply to housing from for Summer 2016 and Fall 2016, but no call or letter...did anyone else get something like that?

12 minutes ago, Curlylets said:

I received an email saying to apply to housing from for Summer 2016 and Fall 2016, but no call or letter...did anyone else get something like that?

I received that, too! At an open house last fall they encouraged all applicants who want housing to apply prior to receiving their decision, tho.

I also noticed some funky stuff was happening in my application portal.  Instead of having green checks next to my transcripts I now have red x's with the word "awaiting" next to them.  I called the office to make sure they weren't missing any information and the woman on the phone said that changes on the application portal means the committee is looking at my application and that a decision will be available soon.  She said to keep an eye on my email (as if I'm doing anything else :P). 

Oh ok yeah I just called and they said the same thing, I wonder if the ppl we speak to at admissions can see a decision and don't say anything unless it's an acceptance.  I didn't leave the conversation too hopeful : (.

Edited by Curlylets
spelling

15 hours ago, Curlylets said:

Oh ok yeah I just called and they said the same thing, I wonder if the ppl we speak to at admissions can see a decision and don't say anything unless it's an acceptance.  I didn't leave the conversation too hopeful : (.

Don't be discouraged! I don't think they're allowed to say anything regardless of the decision.  Hoping we have a decision by the end of the week!

12 minutes ago, ersmith073 said:

Don't be discouraged! I don't think they're allowed to say anything regardless of the decision.  Hoping we have a decision by the end of the week!

I'm trying not to be :mellow: this whole process just takes way too long. 

When I called the woman said they would send out decisions by mid-March so she said we should be looking out for them next week, good luck everyone!