University of Delaware

53 minutes ago, Auuudriana said:

Yes. I got accepted.  Just give them a couple days before you freak out because they literally just got their Candidacy.

Haha true! But I've been getting rejection after rejection so I'm dying to know cause this is my last hope :(

1 minute ago, SLP4lyfe said:

OMG they sent some out today?? I've heard nothing... nerves

Good luck @Cookie Hall, I'm in a similar boat too....

I only found out because I saw some posts of the grad cafe results page that showed people getting acceptances. I'm guessing they are sending those out first. Good luck to you as well!

Obviously I can't speak to the masters program as its brand new, but if anyone has questions about the school overall/campus/surrounding area let me know. I've lived in Newark my entire life and did my undergrad at UD :)

Also, congrats to everyone who gets in!

Edited by cosmicmorgan

Hey there, I've been accepted at U. of Delaware, and trying to decide between this program, and Salus. Any opinions out there? This program is brand new, but def seems legit as the director left a long standing position at Temple to start the program at UDel. I will likely accept at Delaware, but still interested if anyone has info! Salus does not currently have a program director (they are searching for a new one), not sure if that's anything to be concerned about...

Good luck to everyone making big decisions this month and hoping to get off waitlists etc, hang in there!

On March 23, 2016 at 9:44 AM, CMyesAnd said:

Hey there, I've been accepted at U. of Delaware, and trying to decide between this program, and Salus. Any opinions out there? This program is brand new, but def seems legit as the director left a long standing position at Temple to start the program at UDel. I will likely accept at Delaware, but still interested if anyone has info! Salus does not currently have a program director (they are searching for a new one), not sure if that's anything to be concerned about...

Good luck to everyone making big decisions this month and hoping to get off waitlists etc, hang in there!

Do you mind sharing your stats? I just want to know if I have a chance of getting into UDel :( 

Hi there! Yes, sure I can share my stats. But honestly, I think my getting in has more to do with my work experience. I graduated with a BA in psych back in 2009, and have worked in various clinical roles since then. Most recently worked in an outpatient neurorehab with stroke and TBI patients. undergrad GPA- 3.40, post bac gpa- 4.0  gre Verbal- 159, quant- 151, writing- 4.5

Of course grades and scores are important too, but my recommendation, if you are in the position of having to reapply, would be to stack up on real-world clinical experience- and get paid while you're at it, as in a full time job, not just volunteering! Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Cookie Hall said:

Why do I feel like I'm the only one who hasn't heard from UDel yet? ?

I haven't heard back either!! don't worry you're not alone! 

On 3/25/2016 at 2:10 PM, CMyesAnd said:

Hi there! Yes, sure I can share my stats. But honestly, I think my getting in has more to do with my work experience. I graduated with a BA in psych back in 2009, and have worked in various clinical roles since then. Most recently worked in an outpatient neurorehab with stroke and TBI patients. undergrad GPA- 3.40, post bac gpa- 4.0  gre Verbal- 159, quant- 151, writing- 4.5

Of course grades and scores are important too, but my recommendation, if you are in the position of having to reapply, would be to stack up on real-world clinical experience- and get paid while you're at it, as in a full time job, not just volunteering! Good luck!

I second this, even though I volunteer.  I volunteer in a cancer center which I talked about more on my application to UDel than on my other apps and got accepted.

12 hours ago, SLP4lyfe said:

I haven't heard back either!! don't worry you're not alone! 

14 hours ago, Cookie Hall said:

Why do I feel like I'm the only one who hasn't heard from UDel yet? ?

I haven't heard back either.  My guess is we are most likely on a waitlist of some sort and we will probably find out more once the deadline for the first round of acceptances passes.

12 hours ago, taeslp said:

I haven't heard back either.  My guess is we are most likely on a waitlist of some sort and we will probably find out more once the deadline for the first round of acceptances passes.

I called yesterday, If you haven't heard....you are on the waitlist. Waitlist runs 75 people deep. They couldn't tell me my number, but the person told me I'm in the middle.

You should hear after the 15th. Best of Luck!

Hey everyone, I was accepted, but I'm declining my spot and I'm hoping it goes to you guys! I went there for my undergrad (cognitive science/speech path) and absolutely loved the school. I was super impressed with the facility that they've just built for the health sciences, which will house the new program. UD's physical therapy program has been ranked #1 or #2 in the country for years now, so even though this will be the first CSD class, UD has demonstrated the ability to create a really strong grad therapy program. Feel free to reach out with any questions and I'll be happy to answer them the best that I can!

36 minutes ago, Dreamtobeslp said:

I haven't heard yet either. I saw some post that they recieved an email about the wait list. For those that called the school who did you call? I can only find the number for the speech clinic. 

I would try the department of linguistics/cognitive science. That's the major that UD's SLP concentration falls under

*calling the graduate school may also be a good idea 

Edited by cosmicmorgan

On April 6, 2016 at 10:55 PM, clmogel said:

I called yesterday, If you haven't heard....you are on the waitlist. Waitlist runs 75 people deep. They couldn't tell me my number, but the person told me I'm in the middle.

You should hear after the 15th. Best of Luck!

I emailed the head today and he responded quickly. I'm also on the waitlist and "in the middle" 

What email did you use to contact them? 

9 hours ago, Dreamtobeslp said:

I emailed the head today and he responded quickly. I'm also on the waitlist and "in the middle"