IHEID Fall 2016

researchfreak

Ookaay, so I was just writing in the IHEID Fall 2016 waiting it out thread, and it seems it completely disappeared? If it's just a temporary glitch, then admin is more than welcome to delete this new topic. Otherwise, here is a new topic for us to obsess over the next hours before results are sent out. 

1 minute ago, MKrys said:

Yeah that was weird! I felt so lost for a few minutes there. 

Same lol 

I was in the midst of figuring out if I people were asked to submit high school/secondary school diploma when they applied

Just now, GirlFromToronto said:

Its 3:10 am in Geneva so 6-10 hours from now? could be later

Alright thanks - I'll just try to forget about it until then (will fail at doing so).

5 hours ago, researchfreak said:

Same lol 

I was in the midst of figuring out if I people were asked to submit high school/secondary school diploma when they applied

I didn't submit a high school diploma, nor do I see the option in the documents list!

Had a little panick attack this morning when i didn't find it. It's sad it disappeared. It would've been a great source of information/proof of how anxious it can all be for other applicants over the next years 

OMG guys.. you'd never believe. It appears they "banned" me from gradcafe altogether! I've been trying to log in and it keeps saying "you are banned" and at first I thought it was a system glitch. So then I log in from another laptop, and it looks like the site is running perfectly fine, but the thread (which I had created) is gone and so is my account! I have no clue what I did to deserve this jeez... really really confused. So I just created another ID and came back. SO WEIRD. 

Regardless,,,, good luck to you all!!!

7 minutes ago, Yooni said:

OMG guys.. you'd never believe. It appears they "banned" me from gradcafe altogether! I've been trying to log in and it keeps saying "you are banned" and at first I thought it was a system glitch. So then I log in from another laptop, and it looks like the site is running perfectly fine, but the thread (which I had created) is gone and so is my account! I have no clue what I did to deserve this jeez... really really confused. So I just created another ID and came back. SO WEIRD. 

Oh no! That's terrible!! I was wondering if I was banned from the group when there were glitches initially haha...anyways, welcome back people!

11 minutes ago, reddog said:

Did you ask the moderators yet??

yup.. I sent them an email asking what I did to deserve this and if they actually meant to ban me... I wonder if they will respond. 

Forget me getting banned.. it had a lot of people's comments and insights and I can't believe they got rid of it just like that. Uncool.

Screen Shot 2016-03-22 at 12.28.28 AM.png

36 minutes ago, Yooni said:

21 minutes ago, Yooni said:

yup.. I sent them an email asking what I did to deserve this and if they actually meant to ban me... I wonder if they will respond. 

Forget me getting banned.. it had a lot of people's comments and insights and I can't believe they got rid of it just like that. Uncool.

That is so weird! I hope they'll realize it was an error (however that happened?). I wonder if they sort of "save" stuff that gets deleted, so that they can undo the deletion? That'd be awesome for exactly the reason you mentioned.

1 minute ago, seaglass0025 said:

Unfortunately waitlisted, this makes me sad :( Any ideas how great chances are to get off this thing? 

I'm sorry! But waitlist still means it's possible. I'm not too sure, but there's always people who turn down their spots for a variety of reasons. I know some people who were waitlisted for PhD programs, and they contacted the departments/school and expressed their continued interest in the program. This was for US schools though, and PhD programs, not sure if the protocol is different for MA's or European schools. 

Just now, researchfreak said:

I'm sorry! But waitlist still means it's possible. I'm not too sure, but there's always people who turn down their spots for a variety of reasons. I know some people who were waitlisted for PhD programs, and they contacted the departments/school and expressed their continued interest in the program. This was for US schools though, and PhD programs, not sure if the protocol is different for MA's or European schools. 

Yeah, I know but there's no way knowing where I am on this so called list as they will fill up opened spots based on how they ranked folks-- chances, etc. This has been an anxiety ridden process, it's terrible for it to be drawn out like this... Anyway, any luck with you?

10 minutes ago, seaglass0025 said:

Yeah, I know but there's no way knowing where I am on this so called list as they will fill up opened spots based on how they ranked folks-- chances, etc. This has been an anxiety ridden process, it's terrible for it to be drawn out like this... Anyway, any luck with you?

I know, even more waiting must be horrible. Perhaps try to search on grad cafe to figure out previous years waitlistings. I hope you get in! 

Both my SO (MDev) and I (MIA) were accepted, although no scholarships - but I expected as much since our government provide pretty good deals on student loans and aid. 

2 minutes ago, researchfreak said:

I know, even more waiting must be horrible. Perhaps try to search on grad cafe to figure out previous years waitlistings. I hope you get in! 

Both my SO (MDev) and I (MIA) were accepted, although no scholarships - but I expected as much since our government provide pretty good deals on student loans and aid. 

Congrats research freak, that is so wonderful for both of you! You guys must be relieved :)

And thanks for your wishes, I'm starting to look but can't find much honestly. No idea how I'm going to manage this considering I'd probably have to put in a deposit to secure a spot at another institution just in case.