Analytics / Data Science: Where did you get in, not?

Markgs22

So far:

Accepted: University of Virginia MS in Data Science

Waitlisted: Northwestern MS in Analytics

Interviewed: University of San Francisco MS in Analytics

Still under consideration, but told "odds are unfavorable": NC State MS in Analytics

How about you?

I did not have an interview. I emailed them to indicate that I was still interested in the program and they said that they flagged my application as promising and were holding it for further review but that the "outlook is not good" considering really high application levels and yield. Personally I think I'm going to be on a very long wait list, but I can't be sure. Hope that helps!

Thanks, that does help a lot! I had an interview a few weeks ago and still haven't heard anything back yet while I've seen on here that others were getting accepted/rejected days after the interview. Needless to say, I'm in full on freak out mode now. Thanks again!

• 1 year later...
On 3/22/2016 at 11:03 AM, Markgs22 said:

So far:

Accepted: University of Virginia MS in Data Science

Waitlisted: Northwestern MS in Analytics

Interviewed: University of San Francisco MS in Analytics

Still under consideration, but told "odds are unfavorable": NC State MS in Analytics

How about you?

I know this has passed, but can I ask what your stats were (gre/gpa/work experience)? Also applied to NC State, UVA, and Northwestern programs and got an interview for NC State. 

On 1/29/2018 at 1:50 AM, analytics_guy said:

What's the timeline for scheduling interviews. I mean what's the maximum time that you can buy after the notification.

Good Luck for your interviews :)

Thank you!

I was offered one on the second week of January. They gave me until Feb 2 to do it, with a bunch of different open interview times to pick from.