CV/Resume Question

Angelicasassy

Quick questions:

1. Is my CV/Resume allowed to be more than 1 page (when I graduated from Law School, we were told to keep it at 1 page).

2. Should I include jobs I worked at during college on my resume? (like hotel's and call-centers, so not relevant to my degree but showing I was working significant amount of hours?).

Thanks!

Quick questions:

1. Is my CV/Resume allowed to be more than 1 page (when I graduated from Law School, we were told to keep it at 1 page).

2. Should I include jobs I worked at during college on my resume? (like hotel's and call-centers, so not relevant to my degree but showing I was working significant amount of hours?).

Thanks!

Yes it can be more than one page - some professors have CV's that go on and on and on...

I am not sure of the rule on this one... but I am. I worked a lot of hours during my undergrad and even though its not relevant to my degree it helps explain why some other things are missing from my CV (ie being published or something of that nature).

I think the CV should contain details relevant to academics and your career. At least when a person from the adcoms said that in the sciences the CV should contain strictly academics, research, related work experience and sometimes service.

I've heard the same (I'm in humanities) -- I asked my undergrad. advisor about this point-blank.

I would also say (after having looked over this myself since I wasn't sure of the rules) - read the fine print on the application instructions. Some of mine specifically say "outline all employment history since completion of BA" some say "all employment history" and some say "employment history as relevant to your academic pursuits"