CompE Bachelors to Biomedical Grad program?

tdby560

Hi, would I be able to get into a graduate program for biomedical engineering with a degree in computer engineering? would it be better to get a degree in electrical engineering? I think I would like computer engineering better than electrical.  Also the compE program at my school seems to lean heavily towards the CS side of the spectrum. only 2 EE classes and a software engineering class, the rest is the same as the CS curriculum.

I want to major in computer engineering but I'm worried I wont learn enough about EE to be a good biomedical engineer.  what should I do?

I havnt done any BME research yet so I don't know what my research interests are for sure, but Neuroengineering seems interesting.

I have to make the decision whether to major in CompE or EE within the next few days and the advisor told me once I decide I cant change again because I have to many credits already

Thank You

I majored in bioinformatics and managed to get into a few programs for BME. I probably could have helped my chances more if I had taken a look at the courses typically required of a BME undergraduate student and taken them. However, I did get in regardless of the courses I was missing (differential equations and physiology hindered me from being accepted into a PH.D. program).

I would say that your major doesn't matter that much so long as you can try to fit in typical courses for electives.