Folks, I still haven't heard from UNC?

metaphysician

Not me, but a grad student in one of my classes told me he'd heard absolutely nothing from UNC until April 15th, when they suddenly called him to tell him he'd been accepted off the waitlist. So it's possible you're in a similar situation.

13 hours ago, gughok said:

Not me, but a grad student in one of my classes told me he'd heard absolutely nothing from UNC until April 15th, when they suddenly called him to tell him he'd been accepted off the waitlist. So it's possible you're in a similar situation.

17 hours ago, Adequate Philosopher said:

I receiving a resounding rejection a while ago. So maybe you're a borderline case of being accepted.

One can only hope--I think I'll phone on Monday and ask for an update. I have heard nothing. 

17 hours ago, Adequate Philosopher said:

I receiving a resounding rejection a while ago. So maybe you're a borderline case of being accepted.

*received*

No wonder I "receiving" a resounding rejection a while ago. I can't not write no good.

So about two weeks ago I ended up rejecting the couple offers I got and withdrawing my other applications I hadn't heard back about in order to go into the non-academic work force. I hadn't heard back from UNC by March 18, when I canceled my application. But I got a nice note back from Laurie Paul after withdrawing, which said that I was on their sort of waitlist for the waitlist, and I wouldn't have heard back until around April 10 re: my status. So maybe you're in that boat?

Edited by oldhatnewtricks