HOW SOON???

NsciApp

Does anybody know how soon I can expect to hear back from bioscience/neuroscience programs? :unsure: The deadlines for those schools are Dec 1 & 15. Some schools explicitly state that they offer interviews on a rolling basis.

thanks

Did you try checking the results page on here? It could give you a pretty accurate estimate of when other people heard back in previous years. Most of the programs I applied to last year had data updated going back two or three years, and I found it was remarkably accurate. Notifications for practically all of my programs went out the same week they did in the years before.

Edited by fuzzylogician

Does anybody know how soon I can expect to hear back from bioscience/neuroscience programs? :unsure: The deadlines for those schools are Dec 1 & 15. Some schools explicitly state that they offer interviews on a rolling basis.

thanks

I know what you mean. I'm constantly checking and re-checking every day, and it's only the beginning of December! I applied to history programs, and it appears that for my field, I probably won't hear back until February at the earliest. But yet I still find myself checking my application status at the schools every morning and evening. Uggghh, why can't it be February?!?!

I'm applying to Neuroscience programs as well. You'll probably get a notification in January/February for most programs (most won't even look at the applications until after the break), and interview weekends are February/March.

[edit: Also, you're applying to four of the same programs I am. Good luck!]

Edited by iggy

• 2 weeks later...

Oops. Missed this post. I'm applying to Harvard, Johns Hopkins, Michigan, Penn, Stanford, and UCSD.

And despite what I said before, I now have an interview invite to Michigan. Hooray!

Congrats! Just out of curiosity, if you don't mind me asking, what are your research interests?

I applied direct, not through PIBS. I think most of the PIBS committees are meeting this week... I'm also pretty sure you guys don't have the same interview weekend (January 14th-17th).

My research interests are in cellular and developmental neurobiology... I'm interested in a number of topics on neuron, synapse, and circuit development.

Oops. Missed this post. I'm applying to Harvard, Johns Hopkins, Michigan, Penn, Stanford, and UCSD.

And despite what I said before, I now have an interview invite to Michigan. Hooray!

hey iggy, I got an invite to Michigan neuroscience today too! yippeee!!! I also have an interview at Iowa, and I am expecting to hear from Wisconsin any day now....