Anyone got no acceptances?

On April 19, 2016 at 3:43 PM, kpm121 said:

I currently attend SUNY Cortland if you have any questions about the program 

I heard SUNY Cortland is not accredited, is that true? Also how's the program and the staff? 

On May 1, 2016 at 11:02 AM, Cookie Hall said:

I did my undergrad at Mercy so let me know if you have any questions :) 

Ah that's so sweet! How did you like their undergrad program? I thought the professors seemed nice and super approachable. What did you like best about mercy/ what was your least favorite aspect? Any advice is appreciated :)

3 hours ago, Slp123* said:

Ah that's so sweet! How did you like their undergrad program? I thought the professors seemed nice and super approachable. What did you like best about mercy/ what was your least favorite aspect? Any advice is appreciated :)

No problem! I personally did not like the program at Mercy. The professors can be two faced and very rude. I do not feel as though I received a quality education despite the amount I paid for it. I did like how small the program was so that everyone knew each other's name. But that also means that everyone is in your business. I also did not like how the professors did not truly support their students. Their were many times that I emailed professors and my advisor in the program to meet and they could not because they were too busy. I guess that's another downfall of a small program with such few faculty members. But this is just my opinion and yours may be totally different once you start! I wish you the best of luck! 

4 hours ago, Cookie Hall said:

No problem! I personally did not like the program at Mercy. The professors can be two faced and very rude. I do not feel as though I received a quality education despite the amount I paid for it. I did like how small the program was so that everyone knew each other's name. But that also means that everyone is in your business. I also did not like how the professors did not truly support their students. Their were many times that I emailed professors and my advisor in the program to meet and they could not because they were too busy. I guess that's another downfall of a small program with such few faculty members. But this is just my opinion and yours may be totally different once you start! I wish you the best of luck! 

Wow thanks for the heads up. I also did not have a good experience at my undergrad (Iona) but some people loved it.. I guess not everyone is gonna love a program. Luckily it's only 2 years so I'll be in and out. Did you end up applying to mercy for your masters or did you look at other schools? Also, what's your gpa? Mine was a 3.1 so if I can get in you def can!

I got no acceptances. As my sig says, I got 5 rejections, 1 waitlist, and was denied off the waitlist due to lack of space. I'm on their "summer waitlist", which is basically "if someone drops out we take people from this list" so I'm not expecting to get in off it at all.

My new plan is: move in with my boyfriend, try to find a full-time job (as opposed to my part-time job right now), and apply to a LOT more schools next year.

On May 3, 2016 at 10:50 PM, Slp123* said:

Wow thanks for the heads up. I also did not have a good experience at my undergrad (Iona) but some people loved it.. I guess not everyone is gonna love a program. Luckily it's only 2 years so I'll be in and out. Did you end up applying to mercy for your masters or did you look at other schools? Also, what's your gpa? Mine was a 3.1 so if I can get in you def can!

I did not apply to Mercy because I just can't deal with the professors for another two years lol. I honestly don't think I would have gotten in anyways because I think they have a quota of how many students they can take from mercy (but not sure). My GPA is 3.6. You private message me if you want to know more :)

21 hours ago, Puffer Fish said:

I got no acceptances. As my sig says, I got 5 rejections, 1 waitlist, and was denied off the waitlist due to lack of space. I'm on their "summer waitlist", which is basically "if someone drops out we take people from this list" so I'm not expecting to get in off it at all.

My new plan is: move in with my boyfriend, try to find a full-time job (as opposed to my part-time job right now), and apply to a LOT more schools next year.

Don't let it get you down! I applied 4 times before being accepted. If this is your dream chase after it with all your might! You'll get there! 

Hiya!

Yes, 10 school rejections later... So, after that lovely wallet squeezing season, I'm looking forward to more! 0-0 I may retake the GRE, but my score was decent, so perhaps not. I am staying with my current school working in our research labs and am probably going to turn my minor into a major. To be honest, there is a class I'm contending to take again, so it's all for the best, I suppose. 

I've been thinking about applying to some spring admittance schools which was recommended by my advisor, yet the head of my lab recommends I apply for our program next year. I hate sitting on my hands, though. Have considered getting my SLPA and am trying to find an internship (hopefully paid) TT.TT however there are no programs near me and I can't get the 70+ hours without a certificate... gah!

Since I'm interested in working with the Deaf/HoH population (pediatrics), I've also been tossing around the idea of going for a PhD/AuD, but then I'd miss the kiddos on a day to day basis and would most likely go towards private practice or clinical (which is do-able, but not where I want to be). 

SO! Life in a nutshell. I have no freaking idea. Too many options. Not enough money.

I'm only on one school waitlist, a part of me wants to email and let them know I really want to go to their program, another part wants me to wait it out.

Anyone have this experience? 

Anyone know what kind of job I should look for that would get me great experience and look good to admissions councils for next application season? I applied to a ton of schools, too..still waiting to hear back from 3, but at this point my chances aren't looking so hot so I wanna look into a backup plan!