GRE Subject Test Reg. Deadline

despereaux

Question

I'm applying to English PhD programs in the fall of 2016 for admission in the fall of 2017. Many of these programs will require GRE Subject test scores. Today, I went on ETS to register and was confronted with this message:  

All registration deadlines for the GRE Subject Tests in the current testing year have passed. Test dates for the upcoming testing year will be posted and open for registration in July.

Does this mean there is no hope to apply for a large majority of my prospective English PhD programs by the end of this year?

If anyone is aware of any loopholes or details that ETS isn't mentioning, please let me know. I'd appreciate some clarity. Thanks.

1 answer to this question

The GRE testing year runs from July 1 to June 30. The Subject Tests are offered in September, October, and April of each year, although not all locations offers tests at all three times per year.

So you are fine because in July 2016, the test registration for Sept 2016 and Oct 2016 will open, and you will be able to register and write these exams before your Fall 2017 applications are due!