JJ/WBGS Joint Japan World GS Program Applications 2016

GoodLuck!

KingKan, do u have to pay in advance or any enrollment fee? is it refundable? if nonrefundable and if you dont get the jjwb scholarship, then what will happen? i think all these shud be done after being awarded the scholarship. i dont know. what is other members' opinion?

Edited by rrahman1210

is it the process everytime? what i have come to know from some of my colleagues who were awarded jjwb scholarship before is that the university takes the scholarship into consideration and if an applicant is awarded jjwb scholarship, then that university does not require any fee in advance as jjwb made all arrangements. for example williams college. i dont know abt others.

In my case, last date to confirm the acceptance was 15th April and then by 15th June we had to file for I20. In this case I could not have waited for the result. So. don't know what will have happen now. 

thats ok. but normally universities are relaxed in case of scholarships, especially if jjwb scholarship is awarded, then the university itself will communicate and jjwb will make all financial arrangements. anyway. let us hope for the best.

Hello @KingKan

It was clearly stipulated in the JJ/WBGSP application guidelines that, and I quote "Attention! Winners of our scholarship who will study in the United States are required to travel to the US on a J-1 Visa. The World Bank will rescind the scholarship if the scholar travels to the United States by any other means."

Does this mean you will have to apply for a J-1 visa if/when you are awarded the scholarship? The world bank strictly requires awardees to travel on a J-1 visa (using form DS-2019 to apply) and not the F-1 visa. I don't want you to miss out on the scholarship over a mere technicality ^_^

Please refer to page 5 of the application guidelines here http://siteresources.worldbank.org/INTJJWBGSP/Resources/Application_Guidelines_2016_ENGLISH_FINAL.pdf

yes it has to be a j-1 visa. yes, after getting the scholarship, the applicant has to apply for j-1 visa. this is my understanding. but after getting scholarship, the university will help in all the requirements because world bank will notify the university about the applicant being awarded the scholarship. so, university itself will help out in necessary arrangements.

Anyway, u have to accept your offer to secure a place. Tell them that u r in the selection process of the jjwb scholarship, they will appreciate that, believe me..

hi guys also a 2016 applicant nice to know am not alone so one of 2015 applicant stated that when he was offered the scholarship they asked him for his proof of employment sealed from his employer do you guys know if this happens to everyone ?

you only have 3 days to prepare and my previous employer is hard to find??