What do I do about my GPA on my CV?

jlee306

Hello, I am having a problem. I am having my transcripts held until they put my classes and new grades on it from this Fall semester that just ended. The problem is that I am trying to send my application materials out today or tomorrow, but I do not know what my current GPA is with these new grades. I have a spot on my CV to put it and that is the only thing I have left to do with my application. The program my university has online to show us our current GPA is under construction until classes start back up in the spring so I will not be able to see it until then. What am I supposed to do about putting it on my CV? Am I supposed to write "refer to transcript?" I really don't want to put that but I don't know what else to do. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

you can say "current GPA" I guess if you really want to put your GPA on CV

Yeah, that is what I currently have...but that would be a lie b/c my current GPA has changed since this semester and I no longer know my current GPA.

Perhaps the registrar would tell you your current GPA after you present sufficient identification. The registrar might also print a transcript, official or unofficial, to those who walk in and wait. If the problem is that the grades have not yet been given to the registrar, or the registrar is still processing them, why not wait a few more days before submitting your applications?

Perhaps the registrar would tell you your current GPA after you present sufficient identification. The registrar might also print a transcript, official or unofficial, to those who walk in and wait. If the problem is that the grades have not yet been given to the registrar, or the registrar is still processing them, why not wait a few more days before submitting your applications?

That was my orginal plan; however, the offices are closed until Jan 4th. I really want to get my apps out tomorrow.

Many applications won't have the Fall 09 grades on there...I would just send what you have with your current GPA. I just listed my current GPA on my resume. I didn't say anything like "prior to Fall 09." If you want, you can send updated transcripts to the schools after January 4th.

Many applications won't have the Fall 09 grades on there...I would just send what you have with your current GPA. I just listed my current GPA on my resume. I didn't say anything like "prior to Fall 09." If you want, you can send updated transcripts to the schools after January 4th.

They are going to get my updated transcripts. I am having my transcripts held by the transcript office until they have my last 4 classes and grades put on there, then they are going to send them out. Therefore, the admissions committee will see my most recent GPA; however, it will not match the GPA I put on all my application material b/c I don't know what my newest GPA is. I just don't want to look bad for putting one GPA and having another appear on my offical records.

Awe, and I was going to suggest just putting in the last number you know and let them see if it gets updated when they get the transcripts. No point in doing that now... <_<

LOL, sorry... :(