F-1 visa denial

My main advice would be to get in touch with an immigration lawyer who specializes in F-1 visas. I don't think that getting denied a visa is a frequent occasion, and I don't think that relying on the anecdotal experiences of others online would help. You need to understand *why* you were denied the visa the first time, and the second time, and what, if anything, you can do to obtain a different result if you try a third. You say you suspect bias, but I don't know what that means or whether you can document that and do anything about it. The only cases I know of where this happened was with schools that are known as "visa mills" but aren't serious institutions of higher learning. If that is not the case, and you don't have a history of immigration violations (overstaying on a (tourist) visa, working without permission, etc), then this is unusual, and you need professional help. Maybe something you said in the interview raised a red flag (e.g. you didn't show ties to your home country, or you specifically discussed an intention to stay in the US after your studies); if nothing changed in the second interview, that might explain the second rejection (was anything different the second time around? were you given an explanation for the rejections?). But, these are nothing more than guesses.  

Thanks for the advice. Getting a lawyer might be useful. Finding a lawyer is going to be hard since there are so many scammers out there. Guys, if someone dealt with immigration lawyers can you recommend a good one or give any tips on how to choose one?

It's weird to get denied an F-1 Visa if you submitted all the paperwork (SEVIS payment, I-20, Letter of Acceptance, etc.) I know that in general you don't get any feedback on why it was denied, but did they ask any questions or say anything? In my interview, the officer simply looked at the paperwork and asked what I was going to do, as they ask at every immigration post I've been to the US: "I go to X university, I live in Y city, and I am doing a PhD in Z". 

I would also contact the International Students Office at your university. They might have screwed something up with a number or your spelling or something. Just check with them too in any case because I am sure they can help you. 

Hope it gets solved!!!

AP

I second the advice to find a lawyer and to communicate with your future school. Let the International Students office know. They might also be able to help with things like getting you a deferral for a semester if you are not able to get your F-1 before school starts etc.

Thanks, guys. I've already done everything you said (except for a lawyer). I got a deferral too. I agree it's weird to get denied an F-1 especially if you're going to grad school with full funding. Visa mills don't usually give funding, and I'm the only one international student in my program. Like I said, the denial was biased, and I'm thinking that I shouldn't leave it like this.