Powerprep II HELP

tover

Hi everyone,

I just started today to prepare for the GRE test and I've completed a mock test with PowerprepII. I was wandering if anyone could explain to me the scoring system of the GRE and of the program itself. I don't understand how the program tells me I got a score of 130 (the minimum i believe?) if I answered more than 70% correct in the verbal and quantitative sections....any ideas? You can see a screenshot of the score here: 

Thank you for your help! 

Tom

Schermata 2016-08-22 alle 22.05.42.png

I'm taking the GRE on the 7th of september and the only real problem I'm having right now is with the verbal reasoning, as I'm not a native english speaker and I've completed and engineering degree the majority of the words that come up in the verbal reasoning are unfamiliar to me...the maths is ok and I know I can do much better than in this first test...do you recommend just continuing with the powerprep or is there anything else that could help me? 

Thanks for your advice :) 

Hi Tom,

Based on this practice test result, your Verbal skills appear to be pretty good (these days, a V162 is about the 90th percentile - and you would have scored fairly close to that on this test).

You didn't answer one of my prior questions; that answer is important to defining how you should proceed from here:

1) What is your overall goal score?

GRE Masters aren't born, they're made,

Rich