I need some help, I'm applying for 5 grad schools in Texas (UT Austin, UT Dallas, Baylor, Texas State, and Texas Christian University) and was wondering if anyone had any advice/ insight/ recommendations regarding these schools. Should I get into contact with these schools for more information since I'm out of state? And should I improve any of my stats before apps are due? 

GPA: 3.83/4.0

SLP GPA: 4.0 

GRE- (i'm planning on taking it again) 157V 145Q 4.0AWA 

EXPERIENCE- 1 1/2 years as an ABA therapist, 1/2 year as a literacy tutor, 1 year as a research assistant for a neuroscience and language laboratory, 20 hours observing and job shadowing a elementary school SLP, 100+ hours volunteering and observing in a private practice setting

LOR- I was thinking of asking the director of the neuroscience laboratory (I worked directly for her and got an A in her class), another former professor that I visited in office hours a bit (hopefully she remembers me and agrees to write me a letter), and the owners of the private practice already agreed to write me a letter. 

Any feedback helps!

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/25/2016 at 7:12 PM, BN3313 said:

I need some help, I'm applying for 5 grad schools in Texas (UT Austin, UT Dallas, Baylor, Texas State, and Texas Christian University) and was wondering if anyone had any advice/ insight/ recommendations regarding these schools. Should I get into contact with these schools for more information since I'm out of state? And should I improve any of my stats before apps are due? 

GPA: 3.83/4.0

SLP GPA: 4.0 

GRE- (i'm planning on taking it again) 157V 145Q 4.0AWA 

EXPERIENCE- 1 1/2 years as an ABA therapist, 1/2 year as a literacy tutor, 1 year as a research assistant for a neuroscience and language laboratory, 20 hours observing and job shadowing a elementary school SLP, 100+ hours volunteering and observing in a private practice setting

LOR- I was thinking of asking the director of the neuroscience laboratory (I worked directly for her and got an A in her class), another former professor that I visited in office hours a bit (hopefully she remembers me and agrees to write me a letter), and the owners of the private practice already agreed to write me a letter. 

Any feedback helps!

Visiting UTD in person can definitely help your application process attaching a face to your application goes a long way there.  As long as the other items in your application check out which it looks like they do.  It is a great program :), if you have any specific questions feel free to PM me on here.  I don't get on too often but will respond as soon as I see it.  

If you visit utd you might as well visit tcu too. Especially if you are coming out of state. Same with ut/txst. If you visit one, you might as well visit the other. Baylor is in the middle of both combos. Good luck!