Chat Dates and Times

johndiligent

Many people have been complaining that no one is using the chat feature. It's one of those excellent catch-22's because no one is using it because no one else is using it.

I'm hoping those who are interested in live chat will post their interest and time zone here, so we can agree to a few times and dates to collectively log on and complain about letter writers, waiting, rejections, etc. for when you really need some live commiseration. So ----

1. Are you interested in chat events?

2. What time zone are you in?

3. What days or times do you think would be most appropriate to your schedule?

Of course, we probably won't be able to please everyone but I'd like to get an idea whether we should be aiming for evening in Great Britain or evening in California or what.

When I made a suggestion about chat function, what I meant is a shoutbox on the homepage of the forum which all the members have the access to the moments they are logged in. I guess everyone is already familiar with shoutbox and I think it will be more convenient because at anytime a member can make others aware that he/she is ready to chat by "shouting out" to the forum so that anyone can join in.

I'm like using the chat! I also like the shoutbox idea. I am in the Central Time Zone. I am pretty much available any time as of now, but once schools starts again on the 19th, who knows.

Just to add, since the chat software is now 'final', there is a limit of 5 members until I purchase an upgraded package. Depending on demand I will consider doing this, but from the looks of things, the chat isn't so popular yet. I might try limiting the opening hours to see if that stimulates demand...

I welcome your input...