GRE Test Registration Problem on ETS Website

teds2

Hi guys, just wondering if anyone is experiencing problems registering for the GRE General test?

I tried to register for the test and have selected a test date with 1:30pm start time in Toronto.  However, when I proceed to the check out page, the start time was changed to 6:30pm.  I am living in the UK now and am 5 hours ahead of Toronto.  Do you think that's why the time has changed?  If so, would 1:30pm still be my start time? I tried to email ETS to ask but they have not replied yet.  

I tried to register for the test today again and an error "No test centers found based on your search criteria. Change search criteria and try again." came up.  It can't be possible that all test centres in Toronto are fully booked from September to November right?  I have searched for different locations and the same error pops up.  Just wondering if anyone has a similar situation and what can I do to register for the test?!

Thanks!

From what I've heard, a lot of people have had this same problem. ETS seems to have been having problems with basically their whole website for a while- I can't even sign into my account. I would try giving them a call. Good luck! 

I talked to them last Thursday. They said there was nothing they could do on their end. Tried getting them to register me via phone and they said they use the same system we do to register so to not risk it until the issues are resolved...at this rate it seems like that isn't going to be happening before my applications are due...sigh

Definitely call customer service again. If you are able to, I suggest you call around the time (8:00 am est ) they begin to take calls. I also experienced very long waiting times. Since I had them on speaker phone while I worked, it did not seem that bad. I have been trying to register for the past 4 days but have had tremendous difficulties. According to several of their customer service representatives, ETS is revamping their computer system. I assume they have ran into some problems and are having difficulties resolving these issues. 

Yesterday, I was able to get someone who, after talking to her supervisor, stated that she would register me. This was after many attempts of other representatives stating that they could not. 

Keep trying because they are able to register by phone.

It happened to me too! I've send them an email but they haven't replied yet. I could sign in about two weeks ago, but last week (when I treid to book the test) I got an error every time I tried to sign in. This must be a sign I'm not ready for that test :P 

Edited by EvelynD

Just an update for any of those still trying to register. I kept trying over and over again for over an hour this morning and finally was able to select a seat that matched the right time/day that the calendar had available. Don't give up hope, just keep refreshing those screens!!

Edited by psychlife4me
misspelling

Just an update - I have managed to sign in but unfortunately the time and date that I want to write my test is not available anymore.  Had to pick another day but at least I have managed to register!