Should I be worried?

chicdeac

Last Monday I got an email from my potential advisor (who I have been in great contact with throughout applying to the school) saying that he had just talked with the head of the gradcom. and I "will be accepted"...It's now over a week and a half later and I have heard nothing from the school or the gradcom. According to pot. advisor, I'm waitlisted for funding. So mabe they are waiting to offer me admission until they find out more about funding?

I guess I just want something official saying I got in (top choice). Am I being silly thinking that there's something sinister about not having heard from the school? I just don't want to put all my eggs in that basket if down the line I might get a "oops, guess they changed their mind" email.

I wouldn't worry at all. I was in a similar situation - had been told by the Head of Dept that my application had been recommended for their program at the school and that I would hear from them shortly regarding funding decisions. I actually ended up waiting 3 weeks before I heard back. I was contemplating whether I should email just to check if they were still interested in my application, but decided against it. I didn't want to bug them, even though I was desperate to find out! I hope you hear from them soon - I know what a nightmare it can be if you have to wait so long! Good luck!

PS. Forgot to say, I still haven't received anything official in the post about having got a place and I know how you feel. Even though I unofficially know (by email) that I have a place, it would really be good to see it on paper!

I'd sit tight. My application to UNH was "under review" for ages, but when I inquired they told me I was accepted but with no funding as of yet. My guess is that I'd been accepted a while, but they were waiting to see if funding opened up.

In addition I was told by UDel that I was accepted on the 20th and a packet was sent out, but I still haven't received the packet!

I have a similar situation. I called the department secretary and she was extremely unhelpful and a little annoyed that I called her. So I decide to email the DGS. A week later I get a reply saying that I am a very strong candidate and that I’d almost certainly get into the program but whether or not there is funding is the other question. He also said there’d be a meeting the next day and I should contact him again for more information as my file would almost certainly come up. The next night I email him back. That was 2 weeks ago and no reply(This week is spring break though). So now I find myself mulling over the nuances of the phrase almost certainly for the better part of the day. I would hold the non reply against the school if I didn’t rejected everywhere else. I will reframe from sending another email even though I worry he didn’t get my second one.

I'm in the exact same position with UDel now myself! Got my packet today and it said "you will be contacted by the dept regarding funding".

Is that a bad sign? I mean the deadline for the CS dept at UDel for funding was March 1st, my app was in on Feb 1st and accepted on March 20th. Does this mean they aren't going to offer me funding?

They say they make the decisions from March to May. I can't wait till May!