Clinical Geropsychology and Aging

letsgetclinical

Hey guys! Anybody applying to clinical geropsychology phd programs or clinical programs with a mentor doing aging research? Which programs are you applying to? What about developmental psychology programs with a lifespan developmental/aging concentration? This is the area I'm looking at, and I wanted to see who else is going through a similar process!

Hi! I'm not sure if there are any geropsychology-specific programs in the States, but one way would be looking into Clinical Neuropsychology-based programs. I'm in Canada, and my supervisor does aging research while also looking at amnesic patients. It is rare to find programs that are developmental in nature that looks across the complete age spectrum. Those that I know tend to focus on the adolescent/children part of the development and not the older adult age range. If you do find one, please let me know! 

University of Florida has like 6 aging focused professors. Great program, almost went there. Yeshiva has aging focused faculty too. UConn is good for child/developmental. Good luck.