SUGGESTIONS NEEDED

Meroona

Dear All,

I am currently doing my masters  with major in psychology,  i am intended to apply for my graduate studies soon , i will be completing my degree by end on august 2017, mean while i would like to apply for phd program, i have searched various universities although i find usa university consume more time than uk but they provide a more diverse experience to research. what are universities that you would like to suggest. as per my research interest i find supervisor in these universities, i highly need your suggestions in this regard.

I.  university of pennsylvania

2. YALE 

3. DUKE 

Any one help me out any better universities or which one i should opt for above, what factors i should consider, really needed genuine help please...........................!

You should choose the universities you apply to based primarily on the research advisor you will work with.  In my opinion that's far more important than the reputation of the school, although this matters as well of course.  

Let us know specifically what you would like to study and people on Gradcafe can maybe suggest advisors.  If you're interested in evolutionary psychology, UC Santa Barbara has a very strong program in that area despite not being Harvard/Yale/Princeton/MIT/Stanford.  

Also, you will want to apply to a range of programs to maximize your chances of being accepted.  UPenn, Yale, and Duke all have very good programs of course, but I imagine that admissions at these schools is quite competitive, so that's something to keep in mind.

Edited by St0chastic