Is this what a direct practice example looks like?

whorecrux

I'm applying for an MSW program and they require a direct practice example in the application, and I'm not sure if I have the right idea.  I need to have an assessment (basic case data), case plan (the plan and how it relates to the evaluation), interventions (the practice interventions and how they are related), and the evaluation (strengths and limitations of the intervention).

So far what I have without getting into too much detail is:

* assessment (the student, his disability codes, and his target behaviors)
* case plan (the goals as written in his BIP, my job as his 1:1)
* interventions (what I would do when he was exhibiting his target behaviors, including a recent example)
* evaluation (what I saw happened and what I could have done differently)

Is that all I need to do? I feel like it's too easy and it needs to be more detailed. I do have 200 words left so I can beef it up a little bit. 

I can post the actual prompt with what I have if it helps, too. 

• 3 months later...

Hi there,

Not sure if you already submitted your application. I don't have any clinical experience, so take what I say as you will. My experience is solely in child welfare, with my primary job being assessment, intervention and case planning.

Assessment would include the clients needs. This should be in the form of a bio/psycho/social/spiritual evaluation. What behaviors does he have. Any medical concerns? What is his family make up? What are the presenting concerns? What are the barriers to change? There are many things to assess in order to know which interventions are necessary.

Case planning includes the concerns to be addressed and the goals of intervention. 

Interventions will be your specific Interventions used to address concerns in the case plan. This needs to be measurable and have a specific connection to how the presenting concerns will be addressed. 

Evaluation is assessing if Interventions are achieving the case plan. How do you know the child is doing better? Have his out bursts decreased, thus promoting the amount of time he has in class and improving peer relations? Is he opening up more? Not sure what your case study prompt is but just make sure your evaluation is an assessment of how Interventions are impacting case planning and if they are effective. You will also reassess of any new needs have surfaced.