GRAD SCHOOL! Should I retake GRE for SLP grad school???

mynameisjacks

Question

Hi all,

So I took the GRE yesterday and I didn't do as well as I hoped I had...but it's my own fault with my inconsistent studying and what not. But my scores were 151 V and 152 Q, so that's literally average. My overall GPA is a 3.88, whereas my SLP GPA is a 4.0. I think my LOR will be good, not like super great, just good. I have experience volunteering at two different hospitals, I have observations hours, and have experience with children with disabilities. I also have experience with people from different cultural backgrounds. I'm President of an organization on campus and am a part of an Honor Society as well. I'm wondering if you guys think if I should bother taking the GRE again? Will other parts of my application help me out or will that just knock me out of the park? I'm applying to Columbia, NYU, UMaryland, Boston, San Diego, Syracuse,  and Hofstra. What do you guys think? HELP. 

If I were to take it again I would take it in a months time. And really try to improve my verbal score because I think I should have studied more for it than I did. I kind of just neglected it thinking "oh I can't memorize these words...there's no hope." So let me know :) Thanks so much!

1 answer to this question

If you already think you can do better than you did before then I would go ahead and retake it. If you don't want to retake it again- because your scores are fine - you could always apply to a school or two that are less competitive. I just noticed that the list you are gave of schools you are applying to are all pretty competitive for SLP grad.