MFA Drama School

gaflo

Hi, I just found this web and I would like to hear from other persons waiting their results of the application process in any Drama School.

I applied to Yale School of Drama for an MFA in theather directing. And now Im waiting for a result.

G.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi G.

Shout out to ya. I'm waiting, too. (YSD Playwrights MFA).

Are you still waiting? 'coz I havent heard anything and its driving me crazy.

When do you have to got to the interview?

Now Im begining to expect the worst.

Thanks for answering!

G.

hey guys,

Waiting is definitely painful for all of us. I'm still waiting for good news as well.

However, last week, I just received the invitation for an audition from Columbia, while sooner they just offered their apologies for making an error on sending invitations. That sucks, doesn't it?

A possible rejection has been checked to me.

But, I still have faith. and best of luck to you all.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi G.

Shout out to ya. I'm waiting, too. (YSD Playwrights MFA).

Me too! Have heard nothing yet, but I can say that the financial aid application process is a...How can I put this delicately?...I can't. It's a major pain in the rear...but what can ya do?

Me too! Have heard nothing yet, but I can say that the financial aid application process is a...How can I put this delicately?...I can't. It's a major pain in the rear...but what can ya do?

My girlfriend has just had an interview with Yale for the MFA for directing. She also has one for Brown and UTA and Columbia. I don't know what that means for you guys just wanted to let you know what I know. I applied to Yale for play writing and haven't heard anything back.

My girlfriend has just had an interview with Yale for the MFA for directing. She also has one for Brown and UTA and Columbia. I don't know what that means for you guys just wanted to let you know what I know. I applied to Yale for play writing and haven't heard anything back.

Hi, honeysalt. Hopefully this doesn't mean too much, in the sense that we probably shouldn't start panicking yet. I know that a lot of programs let their directing students know something long before they have even finished reviewing dramatic/playwriting applicants. MFA programs seem to be notoriously slow when it comes to us. But when you think about it, imagine all of that reading the admissions committee has to do, yikes!

Hi, honeysalt. Hopefully this doesn't mean too much, in the sense that we probably shouldn't start panicking yet. I know that a lot of programs let their directing students know something long before they have even finished reviewing dramatic/playwriting applicants. MFA programs seem to be notoriously slow when it comes to us. But when you think about it, imagine all of that reading the admissions committee has to do, yikes!

Man, I HOPE they're reading everything! Sometimes I wonder...